Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

new guy in town

hotrod54chevy

New in Town
howdy,yall.i'm a 23 year old from ohio.i have an interest in pretty much everything from 30s-late 50s.in the summer time i drive a 1954 chevrolet daily,i have a same year Magnavox Tv set in my living room as well as a vintage 60s Hi-fi and my co-workers kids refered to me as "the one who dresses like an old-time guy",so i guess it's fair for me to post here,right?just wantin to say howdy!
frank

Wild Root

Gone Home
What, no pictures of your car?? Now my young fellow, that's not right!

Welcome aboard mate! You'll fit in right nicely here! Before warned however as you get to know the other members here and read what we all have to say and have said, you'll be putting up your mid century goods to trade in for Depression era goods!:p I'd love to see some photos of your goods! Since your first post is in the "Display Case" room, your duty here is to provide us with a nice photo of one of your collectables or vintage treasures!

Once again, welcome to the Fedora Lounge!

=WR= 1946 Plymouth Special Deluxe owner. AKA, fellow vintage car guy.

hotrod54chevy

New in Town
i'll be sure to post some pictures of my junk, i'm just having a hard time finding the connector to upload my pix from the cam to the pc...thanks all!
frank

hotrod54chevy

New in Town
ok,sorry for the blurry pix..i'm takin em with my girlfriend's sony cyber shot and i cant seem to set ANYTHING on this thing,including the flash,but here goes

DSC01435.jpg

DSC01436.jpg

DSC01439.jpg

DSC01217.jpg

if you can see at all in the photos that's my living room with the plaid fold-out sleeper that we got from a thrift store for $40 as well as a pleather couch that was given to us for free with a ripped up seat so i recovered it in leopard material.sorry the pictures of my television and hi-fi arent all that good..i've got some better ones but they're on our old PC with no real way to get them on the new one yet..if i can get better ones i'll post them..you guys like my car?
frank

What a great vintage pad! A lot of people don't like 50s furniture because they think it a bit cold with the angularity, but when it's put together as right as you did, it can be very cozy.

The TV is, of course, a great piece, and is that a Gonder black panther on top of it? Being that you're from Ohio, I imagine it would have to be.

Does the car need any comment? Do I have to say it? Nah, everyone knows.

Regards,

Senator Jack

hotrod54chevy

New in Town
i'm from mansfield ohio but i live in columbus now.i'm not sure what company made the panther on top of my TV but on the Hi-Fi you'll see a little green planter that my girlfriend picked out,that's a real Haeger one that was just sittin in a thrift store.senetor, thank you for your kind comments..it's not easy making a newer apartment look cool when you got an obsession with stuff that's usually more than twice your age :p glad to know you guys think i'm pullin it off so well
frank

EL COLORADO

One of the Regulars
Columbus?

(with a tear welling in one eye, pours a cup a brandy into a crystal shot glass and raises it)

This one's for the Kahiki.

(Gulp!)

EC

kahiki9lx.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo