Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New hat-A Little Help?

scooter

Practically Family
I recently acquired this Stetson hat, which I believe to be from the mid 50's. It is an olive drab color with an approximately 5 1/8 inch open crown and an approx 2 3/4 inch bound edge brim. I do not wish to misrepresent anything, but if this hat has a flaw, I can't find it. It appears that it has never been bashed, or even worn. It appears absolutely pristine!

It is a size 7, which is too small for me, but I would like to either sell the hat or trade it for a vintage Open Road in a 7 3/8 or 7 1/2. Any help with dating would be greatly appreciated, as I do not want to misstate anything. Anyone interested?

IMG_0761.JPG
IMG_0762.JPG

IMG_0763.JPG

IMG_0764.JPG

IMG_0766.JPG

IMG_0768.JPG

Last edited:

scooter

Practically Family
Oh yes, I forgot to mention, the only marking I could find inside the band is a stamp "640795". I have no idea of the significance of this. Any thoughts?

That's an interesting mixture of liner, price tag and sweatband imprint. I would have expected the sideways imprint for a 3x 1950s... the other parts seem right for that era. Perhaps someone with more OR experience will reply.

I am awaiting arrival of 2 unworn hats that I expect will be too big for me... on is a 7 3/8 3x OR in original box. Not exactly sure of the vintage yet - 60s I expect. Happy to talk further when it arrives.

scooter

Practically Family
Very well, Alan. I have other interested members as well, but I would really like a nice OR. If nothing else, perhaps we can arrange a 3 way sale, dependent upon your preferences.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael