Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New movie set in 1941 Shanghai

Jedburgh OSS

One of the Regulars
Shanghai is the title due for release September 4. Here's the plot summary from IMDB:

An American man returns to a corrupt, Japanese-occupied Shanghai four months before Pearl Harbor and discovers his friend has been killed. While he unravels the mysteries of the death, he falls in love and discovers a much larger secret that his own government is hiding.

Further details at http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1092634/

Mahagonny Bill

Practically Family
OOOOOOOO! John Cusack, Ken Watanabe, and Chow Yun-Fat in a pre-war spy thriller. I am soooo going to see this in the theater! Thx for bringing this to our attention!

RBH

Bartender
Looks like it may be a great film.

here are a few shots I ran across...

shanghai32.jpg

shanghai34.jpg

Slim Portly

One Too Many
"Lady, I'm going to buy you the fanciest flying-guy-with-his ams-raised statue they got in this here shop, just as soon as I manage to get my arm outta this Victrola."

shanghai34.jpg

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
WOW! Chow Yun-Fat is THE MAN! Added cool points for the period wardrobe. Too bad it looks like another Western film with the "round eye" teaching those bad "Orientals" a lesson.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters