Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Open Road Stetson Twenty Five

Duck

Practically Family
Boy, today was a good day!!! Received a Stetson Twenty Five Open Road that I won and the thing looks brand new. I don't think it was ever worn!!!!
Can someone help date this hat? It also came in it's hat box, brown oval with leather strap and gold Stetson label.
OR25-5.jpg

OR25.jpg

OR25-4.jpg

OR25-2.jpg

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Very nice Duck! I have one just like it complete with the sheriff pin.

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
Me too

I found one like that with the cowboy pin in a Goodwill, got it for $12.50. I'm not sure when they came out. With an original price of only $25.00 it would maybe be from the early 60s. I think the quality is top notch. The felt is very dense. You will love it. congrats.

fedoralover

Duck

Practically Family
The felt is thicker and the hat is heavier than my Royal and my Royal DeLuxe Stetson Open Road. The Royal Deluxe Open Road that I have is verrry soft and the hat is very light weight.

Aldus

New in Town
A Beauty but some questions

I have a OR 25 due from Texas tomorrow-- which I too would like to date. I own a copy of the Stetson book which I find anything but useful on this score. And am even confused about the priority or consistency of the use of royal, royal deluxe, and 25 as applied to ORs in particular. Obviously boxes and liner design and sweat bands provide rough clues, as would ads, I should think. But has anyone compiled a methodical chronology. Judging from my box, lack of a reeded sweatband, and a somewhat more recent looking liner emblem, I'd guess my OR is more recent than Duck's. But does anyone know when Stetson ceased to make this model? Or if it was made concurrently with the 3x ORs?

Thanks so much. Maybe if I keep posting, I'll be able to post some pix soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR