Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Optimo Hats for FALL coming soon.

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I just got off the phone with Optimo. Their new fall colors are coming in about two weeks. Graham said they have some new blue felts, some pastels, a beautiful new green color, and some grays. The hats are in different weights, light, med. , and heavyweight.

Don't know what the prices are, or what color comes in what weight. Just wanted to let folks know that I am gonna be ordering one of the first hats for the fall season, right after Graham sends me some color swatches.

I think I have room in the closet for just one more Optimo!

Cabinetman

A-List Customer
Did Graham happen to mention, or do you know, tobacco in lightweight? While I am not after an Indy, per se, I sure have been impressed with that nutria/beaver blend, and I do like that color. I believe I read that all those bodies are gone, but perhaps more would be available this fall. I know I should call myself (or for that matter visit - I am only 4-1/2 hours away - might be a nice train ride up), but having seen your post this evening, AK, I thought if anyone here would know, it would be you.

Thanks very much.

Cab

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
GO THERE

Good lord my friend! You are that close? Go!! GO!!!!!!!!

I flew from Oakland , CA to Chicago Midway just to meet OPTIMO folks, Graham , Kevin, Marlene, Rudy.......

I LOVED IT!

You MUST.

If I waz that close, I'd go ONCE A MONTH.

You will see how hats are made, why they are made in certain ways, he'll show you unfinished hat bodies, sanding machines, stretchers, sandbags......sewing machines......

Oh, and did I mention, there is a great pizza place 1 block away.....!

Cabinetman

A-List Customer
Maybe a pilgrimage in November for my birthday. Isn't the fedora the traditional gift for the 33rd anniversary of birth?

Then again, August 27 is Mrs. C's and my 10th - that might be a nice couple of days. We actually have talked about it a number of times. Her, moreso, than me, believe it or not.

Hmmm...

Oh, yeah. Any idea on the tobacco or other browns in that blend?

Cab

gcollins

One of the Regulars
Cool! I expected that this thread would come up sooner rather than later...and frankly seems to me to be on the of the best parts of the Optimo business model: creating excitement and new demand for hats with new colors and blends each fall for the year.

When I ordered my nutria natural (shipping to my Singapore office sometime next week or so! ), I asked Graham about hats in an olive color. He told me that they will have a few new shades of olivish colors as well as lots of newish khaki type shades as well. this is great stuff. Okay, so I have this new hat coming, a couple of panamas, and a heavyweight Trent Johnson modern hat that I designed with him.....but who can resist a whole new year of cool colors, weights and tones from Optimo.

Sure can't wait for that first hat....and if it turns out as good as reputed...I'll be on the phone looking for one of those olive tones.

Great stuff. Almost like the anticipation of the Pac-10 football season, which after more than a decade I can get live on broadband internet in Shanghai.

G

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner