Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Optimo Tobacco

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Here are some pics of my new Otpimo Tobacco with bound edge atop Optimo box.

I will take some pics of it on my head tomorrow.

crown 6"
Brim 2 3/4"

104_0426-vi.jpg
104_0427-vi.jpg

104_0428-vi.jpg
104_0429-vi.jpg

104_0430-vi.jpg

Kentucky Blues

A-List Customer
I like it very much, but I don't like the bound edge that much. I like a bound edge, but I think that it's a bit wide on this one. Oh well, its your hat, and it still looks darn good. congrats :D

Regards, Daryl.

havershaw

Practically Family
Nice.

I love that tobacco color of Optimo's. One of the nicest browns I've ever seen.

I personally dig that bound edge, and the less severe bashes you've got in there.

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
Looks terrific, as your hats always do. How does it go with the new brown Avalos suit?

edit:
haha, just saw it with the suit in your other thread. It looks absolutely perfect.

jrh

Deported
I have found that the hatters I have ecountered have a hot botton concerning hat boxs. They charge about $10 to $15 above shipping to cover a sturdy card board shipping hat box. I notice in your pictures Matt that your new hat (I presume) was shipped with a traditional hat box, which I presume was shipped inside a shipping box. Yes? My hats cost $35.00 to ship USPS Priority.

I always wondered if I walked out of the hatters shop with a new hat, would they provide my a hat box for a several hundred dollar hat and charge for the box.

I avoided an argument and didn't ask the mad hatter the question. Any thoughts on proper hat boxes and the cost of them?

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
If you buy a hat from Optimo, that neat box comes with the cost of the hat. They usually only charge $10 for shipping.
But let's face it, you're usually paying around $400 for a hat, so I'd expect it to come in a nice box.

When shipped, that neat black box is inside of a standard cardboard box. Total usually billed to me for felt hats is $405. $395 for the hat and box, and $10 for the shipping.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Zohar is correct, the box comes with the hat, I don't think you can buy the hat without it. Apparently they have different boxes too, Optimo used to have an off white colored box with red trim and now they use solid black. Very strudy and they have a string for carying.

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I love the color..

I think the bound edge is great, and really "1940's style".

I just realized that I do not have an Optimo brown...only the tan Almond, and the Willow (very light brown).

I have a Stetson Whippet from the 40's which is dark brown, and a Cavanagh which is soft coffee with cream brown. I love it.

My best brown is my MacLaughlan Silver Beaver 50 hat, and it is a rusty coffee brown. Superb hat.

My Optimo boxes include shiny black with both their logo versions, the dull black, the Salmon colored with black edge, a brown with white edge, and a "parchment" color box.

I would love to see an Optimo blue box..and even better: a hatbox with graphic designs..like the vintage Stetson boxes. How about a scene with their operation, store front, or similar?

Panamabob

Call Me a Cab
I go back to Ecuador April 1st.

I had hoped to do three things on this short vacation...
1) Visit Optimo.
2) Rework the websites.
3) Visit Vintage Silhouttes.

What have I accomplished...ZERO!

Hastily working on a trip to Chicago...must get to Optimo...without credit card, checkbook, debit card.

Great hat!

jrh

Deported
I have had Hats shipped from the West Coast to the East Coast. FedEx charges extra because of the over-sized box. USPS Priority with insurence was actually about 20.00. I was charged $35.00. The box was a shipping box not a nice round hat box.

Optimo Hats therefore seems very reasonbale.

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
Optimo sends mine via USPS. According to the shipping stamp, it costs about $12, but they only charge me $10.

If you ship fedex they'll rip you because they charge for dimensional weight. UPS is slightly more reasonable, but not as fast.

moustache

Practically Family
Great!!

Matt Deckard said:
Yes actually... and thanks for lending me the issues of the Chap... They'll be at Classic Style HQ.

Delightful!! Enjoy them!And bring a few back from Londontown!!!

JD

PS--I want a fedora exactly that same colour.Keeping my eyes open all the time!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot