Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Pictures of Clara Bow. (Taken today!)

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
I had the great pleasure of working with this wonderful actress and her husband. Here are my three favorite images, so far.

Close-up.
Martti-Candlelit.jpg

Who could resist a wink like this?
Martti-Wink.jpg

The picture taken a moment later startled the neighbors.
Martti-with-Candles.jpg

The yellow light in the first two is due to the fact that they were lit soley by the candles she's holding in the third (and a reflector).

Lee

Photographer to (revived) Stars. :D

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
HA!!

Actually, Tony, I'd done exactly that. But, as I'd forgotten a shovel and really didn't relish the idea of scraping mud out from under my fingernails, I gave up on that endeavor and called ShortClara. I'm sure I got much better results than I would have with the original plan. lol

Lee

Not to mention working with a much more lively model. :D

ShortClara

One Too Many
I was actually the neighbors startling me. :D

It was a real blast! Thanks so much Lee! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Rockapin-up said:
Those are really lovely pictures, both model and photographer did an excellent job :eusa_clap

Actually, the model did a better job than the photographer. After I got home, I realized I'd set the camera for too much exposure compensation, thus underexposing almost two stops.

Thank you for your help, ShortClara. The "teacher" for the assignment liked the concept, but not the graininess and low contrast. :(

Lightroom is converting all the indoor images to black and white as I type this. :)

Lee

dahliaoleander

One of the Regulars
MrNewportCustom said:
I had the great pleasure of working with this wonderful actress and her husband. Here are my three favorite images, so far.

The picture taken a moment later startled the neighbors.
Martti-with-Candles.jpg

Lee

Photographer to (revived) Stars. :D

I love that dress Clara! :arated: Where did you get it? Tell me!:eek:

ShortClara

One Too Many
dahliaoleander said:
I love that dress Clara! :arated: Where did you get it? Tell me!:eek:

It was a $3 dress I found in a heap at a garage sale! The pockets were ripped, and the little embroidered patches on them were falling off, half the buttons gone. After much TLC and new buttons it's 100% now and it's one of my favorites! Thanks for the sailor dress love~

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Take Two!

Miss ShortClara and I spent another day with my camera. Before I show you the results, though, I want to thank her for another opportunity to work with her. I also got to meet her friend, Belinda, and I thank her for her natural - probably untapped, until today - ability to control sunlight! Thank you, the both of you. It was an absolute pleasure and I had a lot of fun. :eusa_clap

And now, here are three from today.

First, some Cheesecake . . .

Caution! Dangerous Curves Ahead:
Caution-1.jpg

A little emotion . . .

Forget Yellow Polka-Dot Bikinis! How about this dress?
Blue-1.jpg

Lost, but determined . . .

You Can't Corner Me!
Cant-Corner-Me.jpg

Adding another picture. . . .

Splendor in the Grass.
Splendor-in-the-Grass2.jpg

A fun day! Thank you, Ladies! :)

Lee

Forum statistics

Threads
Members