Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Poirot movie in the making

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
"THREE ACT TRADGEDY"

seems that even Agatha's Christie Inspector Poirot is not immune from the advances of celebrity culture.

The daughter of pop star Rod Stewart, Kimberley, has previously played such demanding roles as 'herself' in The Simple Life, 'herself' in MTV's cribs, 'herself' in The Osbournes, and 'herself' in her fly on the wall show Living With Kimberley Stewart.

But now she will join David Suchet on screen in his 21st year playing the detective.

An odd couple? Reality TV star Kimberley Stewart joins David Suchet in his new Inspector Poirot film

Kimberley plays Doris in Three Act Tragedy, which also guest stars Martin Shaw from Judge John Deed as Sir Charles Cartwright, a retired actor who assists Poirot with his investigations.

The ITV film also stars Art Malik (Did I see him in the Jewel in the Crown in the 1980's?)), Kate Ashfield (???), Kimberley Nixon (Cranford), Jane Asher (The Palace, Brideshead the TV version)) and Tom Wisdom (The Boat that Rocked).

It is currently being filmed in London and the Home Counties and is one of four appearances that Poirot will make onscreens this year.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the film Poirot visits Cornwall to attend a dinner hosted by his friend, the retired actor Sir Charles Cartwright (Shaw).

When an amiable local Reverend chokes to death on his cocktail Poirot cannot see how murder can have been committed. With the exception of Sir Charles’s doctor friend Sir Bartholomew Strange (Malik) and the enigmatic Miss Egg Lytton Gore (Nixon) any one of the eclectic mix of guests might have taken the glass.

There seems to be no motive for murder and as Poirot predicts, no trace of poison is found in the Reverend’s glass.

But weeks later Sir Bartholomew Strange chokes to death at a dinner party he is hosting with many of the same guests.

Poirot and Charles travel from Monte Carlo to Strange’s home in Yorkshire where Charles is determined to solve his friend’s death and to impress Egg.

Again, no trace of poison is found in his glass but a mortuary report confirms that Strange was poisoned and this time motives seem plentiful.

Can Poirot solve the case?

Bring back Miss lemon and captain Hastings say I!!!

article-0-05A87C7D000005DC-205_224x423.jpg

lolly_loisides

One Too Many
Oh Binkie, I can't agree more. I've always thought that Poirot was best when it had an ensemble cast. The humour of the early series has disappeared. It's just nasty now. Bring back Hastings & Miss Lemon (& of course Inspector Jap).

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
Screening this coming sunday evening( On Aunty) in Australia, Three Act Tradgedy

Poirot visits Cornwall to attend a dinner party at the house of his friend Sir Charles Cartwright. When an amiable local clergyman chokes to death on his cocktail, Poirot does not at first see the death as a murder. There seems to be no motive, and (as Poirot predicts) no trace of poison is found in the dead man's glass. Apart from Sir Charles's doctor friend, Sir Bartholomew Strange, and the enigmatic Miss Egg Lytton Gore, any one of the guests could have taken the glass and drunk from it. Then, some weeks later, Sir Bartholomew Strange also chokes to death at a dinner party he is giving, with many of the same people present.

Poirot and Cartwright travel from Monte Carlo to Strange's house in Yorkshire, where Cartwright is determined to unravel the reasons behind his friend's death and also to impress Egg.

Again, no poison is found in the dead man's glass, but nevertheless a post-mortem finds that Strange was poisoned

tat041-150x150.jpg

Lindabelle

One of the Regulars
Thanks for the heads up Binkie Baumont. My program guide is listing "The clocks" for Sunday night but I don't mind what they are showing. Im just thrilled that Poirot is back! :)

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
I just completed an interview with Christie's grandson and director of her estate about the upcoming telecast of "Murder on the Orient Express."

My article is appearing in our regional magazine but I will post a transcript of the interview on the Lounge.

I, too, prefer the episodes with Hastings, Japp, and Lemon even though they were not faithful to the original text.

While I don' find the newer ones "nasty," I do find them to be a dour and a bit sinister.

I think, though, we will like the new "Murder." Also look for a special where David Suchet takes a ride on the real Orient Express. It is totally delightful. It should air (in the US) on PBS at the same time as the broadcast debut of "Murder."

Mrs Cleaver

One of the Regulars
Did you post the interview yet Brian?I would be most interested to read it,I love Agatha Christie!I have to say to that Suchet as Poirot has always been perfect to me,i do miss seeing Hastings etc but as was mentioned above as long as Suchet is poirot & they are following the books i'm happy:)

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
BinkieBaumont said:
Screening this coming sunday evening( On Aunty) in Australia, Three Act Tradgedy

Watched it and semi enjoyed it.

I just can't watch Martin Shaw without thinking of Doyle from "The Professionals" (now there was a corker of a telly series!)

Best thing about it was Shaw's polka dot scarf in the first scene and as always Suchet's little shuffle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy