Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Saddleback Thin briefcase. World's most expensive air freshener!

camjr

Familiar Face
I received my Saddleback thin briefcase (large chestnut) on Thursday. There are cheaper ways to have the great leather smell permeate an office, but this thing is fantastic.

I was torn between the classic briefcase and the thin briefcase, and opted to go with the thin. If I went with the classic, I would be looking for things to add to it that I really didn't need to carry because of the cavernous dimensions, and the thing would have ended up weighing more than my wife's purse!!;) It has plenty of room for my work laptop, leather padfolio, cables, sunglasses case, notebooks, and the other junk I need at work. I've found the comfort zone with the strap adjustment after a couple of days, and am now working to break in the very thick leather.

I knew when I ordered one of their small ID wallets last month, it could potentially be a very powerful gateway drug into Saddleback, and this is the result. It's part of my evolution in that I'm now 44 years old, and know I'm at the point in my life where I'm buying things that could very well outlive me assuming they receive the proper care (Lord knows I don't receive the proper care...).

Cheers!!

IMG_05871.jpg

camjr

Familiar Face
Nice bag!!!

I've been drooling over Saddle Backs stuff for a while.

How much does it weigh?

it weighs enough... :D

I think the website says the large thin case weighs about 5 pounds. It's a little heavy when loaded with all my gear, but it carries REALLY well. I knew it would be heavier than my old canvas and leather case, but I've got a frame that can deal with it without any problem (5'10", 215 pounds and pretty broad across the shoulders). It's pretty stiff right now being so new, but it will become much more comfortable as it softens and breaks in.

Cheers!

camjr

Familiar Face
haha

I've read about the weight of the bags...which is why I have not bought one yet.

Can I look forward to a long term review? :D

Absolutely, and I promise to discuss the pros and cons of the bag. There's plenty out there on their classic briefcase, but not so much about the thin briefcase.

kyboots

Practically Family
Hey JR in Dallas: That is a beautiful case. I carry a Coach briefcase, that is large enough for what I need including a book or two. The shoulder strap is just right and I love it. Great for the airplane, but yours sure looked nice! A new one is calling. My coach is 12-13 years old and it came from the Coach store in Chicago ? "The 600 Stores" right under the Four Seasons Hotel. It was $400. at the time, and it has held up very well. I had to wait a couple days after I returned home to show my wife. Needed the right strategic moment and it went well. Gee! think that would be a good topic for another thread?? It doesn't need to be replaced except I am ready to do it. I have had my eye on those and sure would like to know how they wear over the next few months. Please make certain and give updates on how they do. The Coach is heavy; how much does this weigh? thanks

Last edited:

camjr

Familiar Face
I believe the website said it weighed 4.5 or 5 pounds empty. It's substantial, but the strap is really good and it carries really well when loaded.

Hope that helps.

Cheers!

dmdmorris

One of the Regulars
I have the same bag. It's great but it is heavy when you load it up with a laptop, a notepad, etc...
I also ordered their Classic Briefcase which was like carrying a Boat Anchor, although it is gorgeous.
All their products are well made and as they say will last you a lifetime.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner