Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Swanepoel/Stetsons: "Fewer than 50 of these hats will ever be produced."

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
Brad Bowers said:
Hey, they're hats. If people buy them and wear them, great. We need more hats out there, regardless of styles.

Brad

That, and there is a homburg in there. Homburgs need more friends.

Tiller

Practically Family
Brad Bowers said:
Hey, they're hats. If people buy them and wear them, great. We need more hats out there, regardless of styles.

Brad

I agree in general. They're not for me, but whatever gets people interested.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Actually the Pablo has a pretty cool ribbon. I don't agree with anything else about the hats but that ribbon...I wonder if i can find their source..

Mr E Train

One Too Many
That's also the one I find most agreeable, Art. I don't like how the ribbon drapes down over the flange, but I do like the color and stitching of the ribbon itself.

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
There I go, talking before looking...:eusa_doh:

I didn't see the link posted, and I kept wondering where you all were getting these names like "the pablo" etc.

Now that I've seen all the hats, I have to agree the Pablo is the best looking of the hats (which isn't saying much) and the ribbon is pretty cool. What's up with the homburg looking like it's been run under a horse cart? The ribbon is frayed and rumpled? I guess that's cool? :rolleyes:

I don't like the crease of the Regency because the crown is so broad, and when I think of porkpies I certainly don't have that particular hat in mind. Again, the ribbon looks rumpled and stupid. It's a shame, because that hat has nice colors. It also has an interesting take on how the ribbon pleats up in the back - I think that's interesting, had the hat and ribbon been a little neater altogether. [huh]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou