Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New to the Lounge

HatMagnet

Familiar Face
Hello everyone! I found This site during a search and really like what I see here,definitely my kind of place! As my screen name implies I'm a sucker for vintage (and sometimes new) hats.Although most of my meager collection is comprised of older western styles I've always been a fan of the 1940's style Fedora's and I'm looking for my first (yes,I've been deprived) Fedora now. I'm leaning towards a Grey Indy style custom as well as some vintage styles I've seen in the Pics members have posted here. Anyway,I'm happy to be here and looking forward to learning more about my favorite subject.

HatMagnet

Familiar Face
John in Covina said:
Welcome to the party. Don't forget you need a minimun number of posts to get your membership totaly enabled.

Post some pix when you get a chance.

Thanks John! I did post a couple of pics in the ebay thread and will try to get some more taken.

Spats McGee

One Too Many
Welcome to the Lounge, HatMagnet!

If that "NC Arkansas" stands for North Central, then you're probably somewhere near my hometown. I grew up in Mountain Home.

In case it's not obvious, John in Covina's reference to a minimum of posts is important because you can't use Private Messaging until you've had 15 posts (is that the right number?). We have a Classified section and lots of the sales use Private Messaging to communicate details between buyer and seller.

HatMagnet

Familiar Face
Spats McGee said:
Welcome to the Lounge, HatMagnet!

If that "NC Arkansas" stands for North Central, then you're probably somewhere near my hometown. I grew up in Mountain Home.

In case it's not obvious, John in Covina's reference to a minimum of posts is important because you can't use Private Messaging until you've had 15 posts (is that the right number?). We have a Classified section and lots of the sales use Private Messaging to communicate details between buyer and seller.

Ahh..Thanks for the explanation on post count Spats. Small world as I am in Mountain Home.

Spats McGee

One Too Many
HatMagnet said:
Ahh..Thanks for the explanation on post count Spats. Small world as I am in Mountain Home.
I thought you might be near there. Go an hour east or west from MH and people start saying they're from NE or NW Arkansas. MH is just about as dead-center, and about as far north Arkansas as you can get.

You know, there's not a hat shop in MH, at least not that I'm aware of, but you ought to be able to find a decent number of estate sales in that area. Don't know that you'll be able to find anything good, but it might be worth investigating.

HatMagnet

Familiar Face
Spats McGee said:
I thought you might be near there. Go an hour east or west from MH and people start saying they're from NE or NW Arkansas. MH is just about as dead-center, and about as far north Arkansas as you can get.

You know, there's not a hat shop in MH, at least not that I'm aware of, but you ought to be able to find a decent number of estate sales in that area. Don't know that you'll be able to find anything good, but it might be worth investigating.

You're right,not a single hat store around. :( But,as You said there are a lot of estate sales here and the thrift stores tend to have a lot of vintage clothing and sometimes some nice old hats. I or my wife make the rounds of every thrift store in town at least once a week. ;) One of the good points about living in a retirement area.

tinmanzzz

A-List Customer
Welcome

Welcome, it's always good to have another "HillBilly ( or Hill William as some say) around. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
If your into western an have a head smaller than 7 1/2 you will enjoy the older Open Roads.

Duck

Practically Family
Welcome to the lounge. Lots of great info here. I am in NW Arkansas.

Look out everyone, us Arkies are multiplying here. :D :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred