Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Us Authentic Goatskin

SPAD

New in Town
IMG_0671-2.jpg
My first posting of a picture here of my new US Authentic Medium Goatskin. Will try and get a better picture.

rainguy

New in Town
Same Jacket, Same Satisfaction

I received the3 exact same jacket about 3 weeks ago, and am totally satisfied. Nice, trim fit and everything about the jacket, from materials to workmanship, is first rate. And it smells like the interior of a new BMW. I see the Toby mug replica from "Twelve O'Clock High", the one Dean Jagger, aka Major Stoval picked up at the beginning of the movie thus triggering the flashback that opened the film, on your mantel. Nice touch! Wear your jacekt well.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y189/Rainguy/CIMG1840-1.jpg

rainguy

New in Town
I'd say it's a fairly heavy goatskin, very thick but still supple. The grain consistency on mine is pretty uniform throughout, the same nice pebbly pattern. The cuffs are on the long side, but I prefer them that way. All in all, I'm totally happy with the jacket.

SPAD

New in Town
Jacketquest, Not being an expert on leather weight or leather. The following comparison may be beneficial. Compared to a Cooper A-2 the goat is a tad lighter, hardly discernable, the USAuth is more supple. The color is lighter brown then the Cooper. Another thing, the stiching seems better on the USAuth. The underside of the Cooper epaulets are not solid leather but split. The USAuth they are solid. All the panels on the USAuth seem to be the same weight. Some people do not care for the length of the knit on the sleeves, personally it is fine. I've had a Cockpit and a Wings, and Cooper, this is hands down the best of the lot.The jacket is a quality product, and that's why I kept it and had it painted. SPAD:)

jacketquest

Familiar Face
Thanks for the follow-ups guys. The jacket sounds very nice indeed. And regarding sleeve length, I try to get a little extra length on my leather jackets because in my experience the sleeves will rise up a bit as they wear in and form creases at the elbows.

rainguy

New in Town
Agree with SPAD on all points. Prior to my USAuth goatskin A-2, I had Cooper and Avirex jackets. The former had noticeably thinner leather, the latter had noticeably stiffer leather (though about the same weight). Neither had the thickness/suppleness combo of the USAuth. And the Avirex was a much roomier, more relaxed (read: baggy) fit than the trim profile of the USAuth. As I recall, the color of all 3 was about the same though the Avirex and Cooper both may have been a half shade darker.

SPAD

New in Town
Rainguy, that's the jacket alright, nice looking. The Toby Mug was a present from a flying nut friend of mine, who has a registered one and had talked to the fellow who was making the recreations and his search for the original. He called me and said"do you want one". He knew tha answer would be "yes" he'd already gotten me one. Hidden behind my right arm hanging on the Fireplace mantel is my Strategic Air Command Commemorative plate. Glad you are enjoying your US Authenic A-2 also. SPAD:)

kojax

Practically Family
movie mug

spad i was watching the flying tigars movie today on amc 59 i had to laugh again i saw the mug you have.....always a good movie i seen it so many times good luck on your new jacket......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats