Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Vintage Brown FQHH Cheyenne

DJS Press

One of the Regulars
I've been meaning to post this for a while. I ordered it back in mid-Sept. '09 from Mark Moye (my second order from Mark), and it arrived in late March, pretty much in time for the insufferable heat and humidity that has been the norm in the Northeast US ever since. You guys that live or visit here now what I mean. Enough with the heat already.

Anyway, this is what I got:

• Cheyenne model
    Size 46 w/ 2" added to body and sleeve length (God, I hate you guys who can buy 42 regulars off the rack!)
    Vintage brown FQHH
    Strome weight Weathered Black Watch tartan lining (this is the heaviest tartan made by Loch Carron
    B10 gabardine sleeve lining
    Storm cuffs
    One (1) inside G1 pocket

(Now if I could only figure out how to make these bullet points work!)

As usual, beautiful materials and impeccable workmanship from Aero. I own a black FQHH Highwayman (4 years old) and a brown FQHH Long Half Belt (about 3 years).

The vintage FQHH is loaded with grain and character -- lots of subtle shading that can't be picked up in photos. Out of the box it had much more grain than my Long Half Belt does after almost 3 years, which feels comparatively stiff when I put it on. (Still love it, though.) For you guys considering going with the vintage FQHH, see for yourselves.

I travel a lot for work, and was planning on this being my cold weather go-to jacket. I got it with enough room for wearing over a suit coat or layering with a sweater, but it seems like it will not be even close to a B3 type of jacket that almost does too good a job of keeping you warm unless it's REALLY cold. The cold will be here soon enough, I suppose, but I still wish I could wear it other than sitting on the couch watching TV in the evening every once in a while.

Now, what to get next???

djscheyennefront.jpg

djscheyenneback.jpg

djscheyennecollar.jpg

djscheyennegrain.jpg

djscheyennelining.jpg

djscheyennesleeve.jpg

53Effie

A-List Customer
Very nice jacket. You are certainly right about the character of the grain of the leather. Really nice. I hope you will enjoy wearing the jacket more as the weather cools off...It won't be long. Wear it in good health and congratulations on an excellent choice.

Mike

DJS Press

One of the Regulars
Southernwayfare said:
Great looking coat! I also have the Cheyenne in vintage brown FQHH and love it. It keeps getting better, too. I like your choice on the lining.

Thank you. Yes, I admired yours for several months in your postings before mine finally arrived. I actually asked for the one-piece back like you have, but then it arrived as standard, but oh-well.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Absolutely superb Cheyenne. I have one on the wish list but without storm cuffs and with a different tartan lining.

Thanks for the photos :eusa_clap

Bonneville

One of the Regulars
Beautiful jacket! The leather looks scrumptious (for lack of a better descriptor :) )
Does anyone know if they offer the "vintage leather" in black?

Windward

Practically Family
congrats to you amazing Vintage brown FQHH - lucky man you - its the best vintage brown you can get IMHO - and thanks god - I've got one in order...:)

Andy - my next will be with shearling lined and sure hoping for winterblizzards ... regards

DJS Press

One of the Regulars
Windward said:
congrats to you amazing Vintage brown FQHH - lucky man you - its the best vintage brown you can get IMHO - and thanks god - I've got one in order...:)

Andy - my next will be with shearling lined and sure hoping for winterblizzards ... regards

Wow, a shearling lined FQHH Cheyenne. Better hope for cold weather, because that is going to be REALLY warm.

I travel to Chicago, Minneapolis, and the like a lot during winter, so I should get good use out of mine. Winter seems like a distant vision when the temperatures here in Philadelphia have been above 90 f / 32 c for most of the summer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner