Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New York Fashion Week

Carlisle Blues

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I like these RL

90934269_10.preview.jpg

LordBest

Practically Family
First thing I thought when I saw these was "Those are funny looking chaps". Then truth dawned. A rather fine look, despite a dissapointing lack of tweed which in my view looks very fine on a young lady.

Carlisle Blues said:

The dress on the right reminds me of one I saw in my grandmothers best friend wearing in a photograph dated 1942. Except perhaps a couple of inches shorter.
90934269_10.preview.jpg

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
MrBern said:
The pendulum swings, but maybe not as soon as you think.
Saying a designer has been there for a year & a half, just means his clothes will be on the discount sales racks to the buyers flock to him. And thats no way to run a biz in this economy.

and btw, is Ralph continuing to trend his trousers with lower & lower rise? Why? Because the trousers with true vintage long rise werent moving & got blown out to discount stores.

its all supply & demand.

And btw, I really cant get into his current use of oversized logos.
3312575447_9a2931ab6b.jpg

Thom Browne did it... now look. Ralph did this in the 70s.

Foofoogal

Banned
:eek:fftopic:

My dear Mr. Rover. Are you trying to give the men in the FL a heart attack?
Very lovely lady. You both look swell. :eusa_clap

I have always loved coveralls.

HadleyH. I think you could carry off any of these outfits.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Normally, I like RL garments, but I find these hideous. I wouldn't wear a single one. I can't stand men's clothing on women and the ratty, nasty looking jeans are just that, ratty and nasty.

Carlisle Blues

Foofoogal said:
:.

HadleyH. I think you could carry off any of these outfits.

Agreed I think HadleyH can wear anything. She clearly is the most beautiful woman on Fedora Lounge. I would, however, venture to say she is too classy and beautiful to wear that ripped up nonsense. Even if she did, her smile would shine through and make even that a beautiful outfit. :)

Carlisle Blues

kamikat said:
I can't stand men's clothing on women

The right woman in men's clothing is beyond stunning and sexy. The outline of her body will show through as if a silhouette was formed by the clothes. So much so that it transforms from boxy to elegance.

It takes a certain body type and attitude to carry it off and make it look ever so beautiful..:D

MsStabby

One of the Regulars
kamikat said:
Normally, I like RL garments, but I find these hideous. I wouldn't wear a single one. I can't stand men's clothing on women and the ratty, nasty looking jeans are just that, ratty and nasty.

And, above all, there is absolutely nothing original or creative in his collection. It's all so predictable. Back date this collection 25 years and it's exactly what was selling to the masses in the mid-80's. He does remind me though that I want to start building myself a feminine three-piece suit.

At least RL is "green": re-use, re-cycle, etc etc.

Fashion week was generally hideous, particularly Michael Kors. Drab, ratty, throw together and quite dismissive and disrespectful of the female form.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Carlisle Blues said:
The right woman in men's clothing is beyond stunning and sexy. The outline of her body will show through as if a silhouette was formed by the clothes. So much so that it transforms from boxy to elegance.

It takes a certain body type and attitude to carry it off and make it look ever so beautiful..:D

Exactly! The problem is that most women can not carry it off and yet, if it takes off as a fad, will be seen on every woman who shouldn't wear it. As a very short woman who is very curvy (both as a larger, matron and in her youth, a dancer)I have never been able to wear it.

Carlisle Blues

kamikat said:
Exactly! The problem is that most women can not carry it off and yet, if it takes off as a fad, will be seen on every woman who shouldn't wear it. As a very short woman who is very curvy (both as a larger, matron and in her youth, a dancer)I have never been able to wear it.

That is what I find fascinating about the world of fashion. There is a style to fit every body type, taste, attitude or desire. The body is truly a work of art and the designer an artist. Fashion week is one of my favorite events. Old is new; new is old and the energy and imagination that goes into an outfit, style or look simply excites me. It is a living art form to my eye. :)

Carlisle Blues

Foofoogal said:
Hadley for the record said she would wear the skinny jeans. Shows how much you men pay attention.

Carlisle Blues said:
The first is a poor representation of RL collection I do not blame you!!!!! :eusa_doh:

Skinny pants are perfect for the right person....:)

ummmm yup!!!!!! believe me I listened !!!!!! lol lol lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy