Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Newbie: Lucky or Sucker, you decide...

johnnyphi

Sponsoring Affiliate
The Hats are Ready for Viewing

My Friends...

After much time and effort, the first set of hats is ready for your review.

The first group includes a total of 149 individual hats, and you will find nearly 550 photos to review on my page at photobucket.com. (Here is the link: http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii79/johnnyphi/Johnnyphi Fedoras/) You'll find at least three photos of every hat, and more when there is something of interest to be shown. Each hat is barcoded, so if you are confused about which hat is which... click on the full-size photo of the hat and look at the image name. The image name is the barcode.

I've tagged all of the hats based on size, so everyone can click on the "Tags" on the Photobucket page, and it will pull up all of the hats in your size.

Many, if not all, of these hats will be posted for auction on the Merchant section of the Fedora Lounge, but I don't want to go into any details on this thread, so please hold all of your questions until I have had a chance to post a description of the process in the Merchant section.

Meanwhile, please post any questions that you have regarding the photos of the hats.

Regards,
Johnny

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
Man! Looking at those photos...it was almost like lookin' at the Ladies Of The Lounge Thread. Ashamed to say, provoked the same reaction!

(Oh, and I'll take the 7-1/2 porkpie, same size Shoble in beige and the same size Stetsonian, with the contrasting brim. 'Kay?)

mingoslim

Practically Family
Wonderful . . .

Like a Wishbook :)

Even so, there are a few I will be waiting to see if I might snag; thin ribbons of course.

Meanwhile, best of luck . . . you have quite a selection, and I wish you the best of luck on your auctions.

donCarlos

Practically Family
My god! Impossible!!!
The first page and I have found an ideal hat (Adam Executive 7 3/8)! I hope the prices will be reasonable, I´m still poor :)
I hope you´ll be willing to ship to Europe.

johnnyphi

Sponsoring Affiliate
Thank you...

Miss_Bella_Hell said:
Great pics! I'm interested in the vintage clothing too, men's and women's (if any).

Thanks for complementing the photos. I'm very proud of them, but I can't take credit for the photography. I brought in a professional photographer to make sure the lighting and colors were accurate. (With accurate photos, windy descriptions aren't necessary. ;))

I have high-resolution versions of each photo, and I'll be happy to isolate any detail that anyone would like to see.

Regarding the clothes, I sold all of the clothing to a movie wardrobe company back in January.

Woodfluter

Practically Family
kabuto said:
I've never seen a crease like this one:

Teardrop soft telescope?

Being musically inclined, I'd call that a plectrum soft telescope. I suppose I'm just being picky. But you've got to admit it takes a lot of pluck to say something like that...so don't string me up!
- Bill

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
johnnyphi said:
Thanks for complementing the photos. I'm very proud of them, but I can't take credit for the photography. I brought in a professional photographer to make sure the lighting and colors were accurate. (With accurate photos, windy descriptions aren't necessary. ;))

I have high-resolution versions of each photo, and I'll be happy to isolate any detail that anyone would like to see.

Regarding the clothes, I sold all of the clothing to a movie wardrobe company back in January.

Smart move on the pics, they're gorgeous.

As for the clothes....NOT A SMART MOVE! Well, from my perspective. lol From yours, probably. Any idea if they'll be featured in upcoming films?

Aviator

Familiar Face
Wow. There are a lot of nice hats among those pictured I would love to have. (Oh tax rebate...where are you?) You are like a dealer walking into a methadone clinic (no offense intended).;)

johnnyphi

Sponsoring Affiliate
Funniest "complement" EVER!

Too funny! According to our friends at the Treasury Department, the checks are in the mail... We may need to work our DC connections if the checks don't start arriving soon!

Aviator said:
Wow. There are a lot of nice hats among those pictured I would love to have. (Oh tax rebate...where are you?) You are like a dealer walking into a methadone clinic (no offense intended).;)

J.B.

Practically Family
Woodfluter said:
Being musically inclined, I'd call that a plectrum soft telescope. I suppose I'm just being picky. But you've got to admit it takes a lot of pluck to say something like that...so don't string me up!
- Bill

:eusa_doh:

crucifixexorcism1mv7.jpg

Woodfluter, Woodfluter, Woodfluter... Please brush up on forum protocol. Stick to the topic and stop trying to drum up cheap yuks that appeal to the baser instincts! You are only going to be snared by some high-hatted posting curmudgeon who will surely stool to a forum official, and you will wind up a crashing, sizzling symbol of banishment?! Take my advice. You can't beat it.

Magpie Annie

Familiar Face
Are all/most of the hats posted on photobucket going to be available to buy? There are a couple that I have got my eye on! (like everyone else I am sure) You are one lucky man to have found this lovely lot! Anyway, where will you be selling them? Ebay?

johnnyphi

Sponsoring Affiliate
Interesting Question...

kabuto said:
I've never seen a crease like this one:

C0000228974_2.jpg

Teardrop soft telescope?

Interestingly... Adam offered a very similar style called the "Crosby." Lee and Adam both freatured a back bow and "Fifth Avenue" on the label.
C0000228900_2.jpg

Compare with this basic Porkpie from Adam...
C0000228895_2.jpg

GWD

One Too Many
johnnyphi said:
Interestingly... Adam offered a very similar style called the "Crosby." Lee and Adam both freatured a back bow and "Fifth Avenue" on the label.
C0000228900_2.jpg

Compare with this basic Porkpie from Adam...
C0000228895_2.jpg

This is my Stetson Skyhawk with the same bash.

web.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn