Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

**NEWS EXTRA**Good Wear flying jackets take vintage authenticity to new heights!!

Laynew484

New in Town
Hello Gentlemen,
I ordered a California Ventura from John in September with an estimated delivery of February. I have sent him a couple E-mails requesting an updated delivery with no response. Does anyone know how his production is running?

HorseHide

One of the Regulars
I ordered a California Ventura on August 4th - haven't heard from him in a long time...I'm not worried, the man is honorable but I'm afraid he may be making a coat for my heirs to fight over (and make no mistake, it will be worth fighting over!).

CR141

Familiar Face
Hello Gentlemen,
I ordered a California Ventura from John in September with an estimated delivery of February. I have sent him a couple E-mails requesting an updated delivery with no response. Does anyone know how his production is running?

Not to worry. John is an extremely busy man and eventually he will respond. The wait is long, but you will be happy.

Laynew484

New in Town
Thanks Gentlemen, I was just concerned when he didn't respond to my E-mails or today's phone call. But, if you say it's okay... I guess I'll take you at your word and try to be patient.

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
John will respond to your emails or phone calls in due course, at least this has been my experience. He is a great guy to deal with. BTW. I placed my order with him in August 2010, so the wait time is around 8 months.

Laynew484

New in Town
I went in for a tour of the "factory" and a fitting. John was very kind and informative. I have spoken to John a couple time about my order a few weeks ago but nothing recently. I was originally quoted 5 months, so I was just a little concerned when I hit the six month mark and he didn't respond, that's all. I will bide my time quietly from here on out...
Thanks again,
Layne

3onaMatch

One of the Regulars
This is the Monarch? I thought that model had a mutton collar? Also, what color is that hide--seal or russet? Can't quite tell from the lighting.

Here are some pics of my new Goodwear Monarch that I received from JC a month ago. It's beautiful! Workmanship and details are dead on.

Brian

P1010001-1.jpg

P1010006-1.jpg

P1010004.jpg

P1010005.jpg

P1010009.jpg

aswatland

Brian, Your Monarch appears to have the correct russet/caramel finish typical of originals. Monarch had several contracts with the US navy for goatskin flying jackets with mouton collars.

3onaMatch

One of the Regulars
Wow, Andrew your Dubow looks to be a honey of a jacket. Ahhhh, now I'm conflicted. I originally ordered the Dubow from John. I have since, via email, changed to the Rough Wear. I don't know, I like a pretty athletic fit, but something about the pointy Dubow collar turned me off. I'm starting to wonder if perhaps the Bronco would be the way to go, but then I don't want it ridiculously tight so as to make me look like a hipster either. Andrew, and all the GW jacket owners, I'd love to hear input on the various fits of your jacket models.

3onaMatch

One of the Regulars
Brian,

The more I look at your pics of the Monarch, the more intrigued I grow about it. I currently have a Rough Wear on order with John. Not sure if I will be changing the style when starts working on it. Curious, how did you order yours? It does not seem to be available on the website. Also, could you give some details about the fit?

Damien

Andrew,
This Monarch is John's Japanese seal. Same as your getting in your Dubow. BTW, did you get it?

Brian

aswatland

The Dubow arrived in the week and here are three pictures taken this afternoon. I'm extremely pleased with it. It is a very comfortable fit.

516.jpg

514.jpg

517.jpg

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Lovely looking hide Andrew and the cut suits you. Great looking 'fit' too. You must be 'pretty chuffed' to say the least with this pressie from JC..!! :)

Tito

A-List Customer
Fantastic jacket Andrew, it's the John's japanese HH seal aniline vegetable tanned?
I can not wait for my Arcadia ordered in February.....
Cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff