Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

..news..

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I know that many of you (myself included) were worried that something had happened to the good Doctor.

Just to let all you motorcycle and flight jacket lovers know that our dear Alan is 'alive and kicking' but without any personal access to the internet anymore (I've just received a work email from him).

He wishes to pass on his good wishes to all his friends on the forum here and hopefully I'll be meeting up with him fairly soon "somewhere in England!"

blacklagoon

One of the Regulars
Thank you for letting us know Paddy.I miss Alan in the Irvin thread,aswell as all the other threads.I hope Alan can make it back soon,and i wish him all the best.

Rufus

Practically Family
Thank you Paddy!

I too miss Alan's constant informative missives..

I'm very relieved he's well, get him back online!! ;-)

rufus

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Well- he's kinda like these "vintage lifestyle" folks who are so authentically vintage, that they "won't even have a cell phone" but strangely, they're all on the Internet...

But he's not on the Internet.

...er... good on him..?

Alaaaaaaaaan.........

It's the vintage Catch 22.

Alan- we need your input on the "Vintage Anorak Project"

B
T

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
BT..hit the nail.

Alan is 'slowly' cutting his techie ties with the 21st Century. No car (uses buses). Out went the phone, and now the home internet/computer. He has to use a computer for work, but when he retires in a few years time, that's it.[huh] 1914 here we come!

Rufus

Practically Family
Wow.. I'm impressed, and saddened all at the same time...

Please pass on our regards to Mr Eardley, I appreciate all the time he took to share with us the wealth of information, and experience he has. A real loss for FL.

Rufus

cookie

I'll Lock Up
PADDY said:
Alan is 'slowly' cutting his techie ties with the 21st Century. No car (uses buses). Out went the phone, and now the home internet/computer. He has to use a computer for work, but when he retires in a few years time, that's it.[huh]

Yeah Paddy... a few of us would like to cut the 21 c off at the knees when you read the nightly news like...Russia invades Georgia. I thought we had stopped all that stuff. That's a pity as Allan E has the "knowledge" that may be now unaccessible.

Creeping Past

One Too Many
PADDY said:
Alan is 'slowly' cutting his techie ties with the 21st Century. No car (uses buses). Out went the phone, and now the home internet/computer. He has to use a computer for work, but when he retires in a few years time, that's it.[huh]

I like his style. I wonder what his reasons are.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
(photo) Proof of Life.

From two days ago when I briefly met up with Alan in the middle of the English Peak District for a cup of Earl Grey and a chat. Don't you just 'love' Alan's 40's inspired haircut. This man is a true gentleman and just a pure pleasure to share some time with. As you can see from the photo blurring, it was 'all very emotional.'

PEAKDISTRICTAUG08001.jpg

Flitcraft

One Too Many
Glad to see yer still alive...

wish you wouldn't cut all ties to the 21st.century... maybe you could still contribute here occasionally?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats