Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Newsboys for Sale

volatile

A-List Customer
2 Newsboys for Sale, to someone who will wear these impeccable hats more often than I do:

1) Khaki-brown 100% pure silk Stetson "Hatteras" newsboy, size 57. (Type 264015, color 366).

My camera isn't working, but this is the style/cut:

hatteras264015_2.jpg

(from http://www.carnelle.com/stetson/caps/center.htm) Colour is lighter than that, a khaki-ish herringbone with dark orange stitching.

Almost as new, barely worn. RRP is about £55, I'll take £20 + p&p.

2) Dark-green hand-made Christys' Harris Tweed Newsboy, size 'M'.

dpchf406.jpg

Bought from theFedoraStore.com. Cut as above, colour more dark-green. Never worn, as it's a little too small for me.

RRP is about £30, I'll take £15 + p&p

These are both wonderful, high-quality hats of the finest materials. They both turned out a little small for me, so I'd like them to go to a good home. Any takers?

volatile

A-List Customer
CigarMan said:
Wow, great looking hats, will you ship to the US and can you provide pricing in US Dollars?

I will indeed send to the US. Conversions can be done at http://www.xe.com/ucc - when you pay by Paypal, the conversion will be done automatically.

They are lovely. As I said, those pics are product shots from online stores,mine are the same styles but different colours.

CigarMan

One of the Regulars
grrr, as much as I know this is a great deal for some great hats, I'll have to pass. I've got some things I'm watching for on ebay that I could use more than the hats. If they're still up for grabs at the end of these auctions, I'd jump on it.

BUMP for a good sale folks, this is too good to pass up.

volatile

A-List Customer
Howard Hughes said:
Whatto Volatile,
I am interested in the "Christy's" cap.
Do you still have it ?
Any idea what size it is, either imperial size or modern ?
Toodleoo
HH

Hi HH!

It is still available... both are, in fact.

The Christys' cap is labelled "M" inside, but it's certainly on the smaller end of medium - I'd say it'd fit a 57cm head quite perfectly. I'm a 58 and it's just a jot too small (hence the sale).

It's definitely more of a classic English gentleman's cap than a big baggy newsboy. It really is gorgeous - hand made, best quality Harris tweed, great colour, great shape, I just wish it fit! Do let me know if you can make use of it, I hate to see it sitting on my shelf all unloved and unworn!

volatile

A-List Customer
Howard Hughes said:
Whatto Volatile/All.

I'm actually a 55-56 or 6 7/8 - 7.
I'm just worried it might be too large for me.
Mmmmmm.....
I'll have a think about it.
Could anyone advise of the sizing of these hats?

Toodleoo
HH.

I'll try and measure it for you tomorrow, but I wouldn't have thought it'd be too large...

volatile

A-List Customer
volatile said:
I'll try and measure it for you tomorrow, but I wouldn't have thought it'd be too large...

My slightly clumsy measuring of the internal diameter gives something about 56.5 - 57cm... because of the cut of the cap, I really think it would work on a smaller head, though...

nickn5

One of the Regulars
Know the feeling, moving here too, decluttering time... and if those hats were my size I'd be snapping them up, but I'm also nearly 58 size or 7 1/4 US, so no go sadly.

Hope someone out there gets 'em!

N. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner