Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nice black 1920's 3 piece suit.

filfoster

One Too Many
This is probably not the place to post this but I just got this suit. I have bought vintage suits before and they're nice but usually needed alteration, with the preservation angst that causes, to fit. This is preternatural! This beautiful three piece suit fits me EXACTLY. The unpaddes shoulders even sit just like a '20's suit should. OMG. This was fate.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
This is probably not the place to post this but I just got this suit. I have bought vintage suits before and they're nice but usually needed alteration, with the preservation angst that causes, to fit. This is preternatural! This beautiful three piece suit fits me EXACTLY. The unpaddes shoulders even sit just like a '20's suit should. OMG. This was fate.

Wow you made out like a bandit on that! I normally have some luck but to find something THAT vintage that fits you like your tailor made it is really sweet all on it's own!

filfoster

One Too Many
I will try to post some pics in the Suits forum as soon as I can. I got more info on this amazing find: It came from an auction in New Hampshire and it had been stored in a trunk for a very long time, which accounts for it's pristine condition. For fun, I took it accross the street to our local Brooks Brothers store where we gave it a good look-over. Found BB tags on each item, all hand sewn and printed/hand inked in consistent markings with "Long" on each, which is certainly true! I am a skinny 6' 2" tall. It is interesting that this suit is unlined but has beautifully finished seams and very nice Bemberg sleeve lining. Two button style, two buttons on each cuff with faux button holes. All jacket pockets are 'patch' and fit perfectly smooth. The trousers are button fly, 1 3/4" cuffs, long belt loops and suspender buttons and slight 'fishtail' waistband at rear. The vest is four pocket, six buttons, all matching the jacket and trouser buttons. I am satisfied it's 'real' and probably 1910's-1920's. I am still pinching myself. Got the bowler today too, to display with it.

GoldenEraFan

One Too Many
I will try to post some pics in the Suits forum as soon as I can. I got more info on this amazing find: It came from an auction in New Hampshire and it had been stored in a trunk for a very long time, which accounts for it's pristine condition. For fun, I took it accross the street to our local Brooks Brothers store where we gave it a good look-over. Found BB tags on each item, all hand sewn and printed/hand inked in consistent markings with "Long" on each, which is certainly true! I am a skinny 6' 2" tall. It is interesting that this suit is unlined but has beautifully finished seams and very nice Bemberg sleeve lining. Two button style, two buttons on each cuff with faux button holes. All jacket pockets are 'patch' and fit perfectly smooth. The trousers are button fly, 1 3/4" cuffs, long belt loops and suspender buttons and slight 'fishtail' waistband at rear. The vest is four pocket, six buttons, all matching the jacket and trouser buttons. I am satisfied it's 'real' and probably 1910's-1920's. I am still pinching myself. Got the bowler today too, to display with it.

That's great! Finding vintage items that fit perfectly is such a treat :)

Hi Filfoster

Is teasing aloud on the FL? Pics please? Nice find.
Best regards
CCJ

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot