Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nice Hat...

Katt in Hat

A-List Customer

Katt in Hat

A-List Customer
On the Money, R.B.

I have exchanged one landsman(yid), hoodlum r?¥le model for another. If I can find a pic of the Veep wearing a hat, I'll be more than happy to give up the special socio-religious, cultural ties. Some delight in basking with the sharks, I find real comfort in having a connexion with A-list, upper level criminal minds. There are mutts to be found in all strata of people.

Where did your Edward G. Avatar come from? It has a Disney feel about it. I had been meaning to seek this information from you. (

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It is 'Rocky'...

Katt in Hat said:
...Where did your Edward G. Avatar come from? It has a Disney feel about it. I had been meaning to seek this information from you. (exausted, I'll edit further, tomorrow).

...from the 1946 Warner Bros cartoon "Racketeer Rabbit" directed by the brilliant Friz Freeling !

Pilgrim

One Too Many
Katt, you need to do the "Remedial Warner Bros. Cartoons" class.

I recently picked up a laserdisc set of old WB cartoons, including a couple that have been banned from TV. Many of us have forgotten that old cartoons often contained political or racial stereotype content: remember the "Tijuana Toads" cartoons that showed in theaters before the movies in the 60's and 70's? I remember them, but I'll surely never see them shown in public again.

At any rate, the WB cartoons included lampoons of Hermann Goering, Hitler and others. I have one cartoon which gives Goering a pretty good going over.

Since so many cartoon sets are appearing on DVD now, it's interesting to see if we can pick up ones which are now politically or socially incorrect - they are their own little piece of Americana past. Some are surprisingly tasteless viewed with today's eyes, but others are so mild that you have to wonder what the TV programmers are running from.

And yes, I do have a laserdisc player - and a deent 33/45 turntable - and a 1910 chest height Victrola that my grand-dad bought for 78s.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred