• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

Nice one

Discussion in 'Suits' started by Baron Kurtz, Feb 18, 2009.

1. scotrace

scotrace Head Bartender Staff Member

I've got one very similar. :)

(is that.... I mean... could that be a certain Arab on the run?)

2. That is a very nice outfit.

3. Perhaps not running but it looks like he could certainly be performing
    some kind of jig. He may not even be an Arab.

B
    T

4. benstephens

benstephens Practically Family

Yes very unusual to have the matching Tweed cap. I pulled out of bidding as I thought it was a little big, but a suit I would have liked a lot though.

Kindest regards

Ben

5. That suit works for the bearded fellow wearing it. I wonder if he dresses that way in general? Great look and a wonderful suit / hat combo.

6. Ben,

Where I come from, I don't think it's in any way unusual to wear a tweed suit with a matching cap. Rather common, in my experienceand tweed tailors will usually provide a matching cap as a matter of course. Off the peg tweed establishments will often stock caps in matching tweed.

There is, of course, the legendary 5 piece suit - jacket, waistcoat, breeches, trousers...and cap.

Hal may wish to add something from a Welsh perspective...

7. I think he meant unusual to find one of this era with its matching cap still with the suit. That's certainly what i meant.

bk

8. Ahah! Yes, rereading it I see that now. Thanks, Baron, and sorry Ben. I had just finished a PM conversation with Hal on this very subject and must have still been influenced by that.

9. Tomasso

Tomasso Incurably Addicted

What's with the trouser bottoms?

10. plus fours / knickers

bk

11. Well, they're plus-fours.

12. The Baron beat me to it! lol

13. What a cracking suit! It's reminded me of the one in the back of my wardrobe, and the fact that I've still not worn it in the 4 years I've owned it... :eusa_doh:

Maybe time to move it on...;)

14. Tomasso

Tomasso Incurably Addicted

That's what I was thinking but I've never seen them worn as the seller is showing. It was looking like vintage Hammer.

15. Let me know. I still remember that tempting "i might sell this" thread. ;)

p.s. These are called "knickers" in mid-1930s Montague Burton catalogues.

bk

16. That was over 2 years ago already :eek: Time flies....

I was ready to wear it at the Goodwood Revival last year, but it was just too hot for a tweed suit. I think it should go to a better home now. Also I need some cash to keep the Kombi on the road...;)

I think you may have first dibs anyway Baron. I'll get pics and measurements over to you. (I may have to revise that original price though...;-)

[​IMG]

Cap NOT included.
    [​IMG]

17. Paging Mr H.Johnson, paging Mr H.Johnson! Please clear some space in your in tray! Thank you!

18. volatile

volatile A-List Customer

If the Baron isn't interested, might I join the queue!? :)