• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

Nice one

Discussion in 'Suits' started by Baron Kurtz, Feb 18, 2009.

1. cookie

cookie I'll Lock Up

2. scotrace

scotrace Head Bartender Staff Member

I've got one very similar. :)

(is that.... I mean... could that be a certain Arab on the run?)
  3. That is a very nice outfit.
  4. Perhaps not running but it looks like he could certainly be performing
    some kind of jig. He may not even be an Arab.

5. benstephens

benstephens Practically Family

Yes very unusual to have the matching Tweed cap. I pulled out of bidding as I thought it was a little big, but a suit I would have liked a lot though.

Kindest regards

6. That suit works for the bearded fellow wearing it. I wonder if he dresses that way in general? Great look and a wonderful suit / hat combo.
  7. H.Johnson

H.Johnson One Too Many

Where I come from, I don't think it's in any way unusual to wear a tweed suit with a matching cap. Rather common, in my experienceand tweed tailors will usually provide a matching cap as a matter of course. Off the peg tweed establishments will often stock caps in matching tweed.

There is, of course, the legendary 5 piece suit - jacket, waistcoat, breeches, trousers...and cap.

Hal may wish to add something from a Welsh perspective...

8. I think he meant unusual to find one of this era with its matching cap still with the suit. That's certainly what i meant.

9. H.Johnson

H.Johnson One Too Many

Ahah! Yes, rereading it I see that now. Thanks, Baron, and sorry Ben. I had just finished a PM conversation with Hal on this very subject and must have still been influenced by that.

10. Tomasso

Tomasso Incurably Addicted

What's with the trouser bottoms?
  11. plus fours / knickers

12. Well, they're plus-fours.

13. The Baron beat me to it! lol
  14. What a cracking suit! It's reminded me of the one in the back of my wardrobe, and the fact that I've still not worn it in the 4 years I've owned it... :eusa_doh:

Maybe time to move it on...;)
  15. Tomasso

Tomasso Incurably Addicted

That's what I was thinking but I've never seen them worn as the seller is showing. It was looking like vintage Hammer.
  16. Let me know. I still remember that tempting "i might sell this" thread. ;)

p.s. These are called "knickers" in mid-1930s Montague Burton catalogues.

17. That was over 2 years ago already :eek: Time flies....

I was ready to wear it at the Goodwood Revival last year, but it was just too hot for a tweed suit. I think it should go to a better home now. Also I need some cash to keep the Kombi on the road...;)

I think you may have first dibs anyway Baron. I'll get pics and measurements over to you. (I may have to revise that original price though...;-)

Cap NOT included.
  18. Paging Mr H.Johnson, paging Mr H.Johnson! Please clear some space in your in tray! Thank you!
  19. volatile

volatile A-List Customer

If the Baron isn't interested, might I join the queue!? :)