Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nice one

With the extremely rare addition of the matching flat cap, this was an outstanding auction. I can't find the "cool, but ended, eBay stuff" thread. Please merge if needs be.

eb08_1.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=120374643155

bk

benstephens

Practically Family
Yes very unusual to have the matching Tweed cap. I pulled out of bidding as I thought it was a little big, but a suit I would have liked a lot though.

Kindest regards

Ben

H.Johnson

One Too Many
Ben,

Where I come from, I don't think it's in any way unusual to wear a tweed suit with a matching cap. Rather common, in my experienceand tweed tailors will usually provide a matching cap as a matter of course. Off the peg tweed establishments will often stock caps in matching tweed.

There is, of course, the legendary 5 piece suit - jacket, waistcoat, breeches, trousers...and cap.

Hal may wish to add something from a Welsh perspective...

benstephens said:
Yes very unusual to have the matching Tweed cap. I pulled out of bidding as I thought it was a little big, but a suit I would have liked a lot though.

Kindest regards

Ben

H.Johnson

One Too Many
Ahah! Yes, rereading it I see that now. Thanks, Baron, and sorry Ben. I had just finished a PM conversation with Hal on this very subject and must have still been influenced by that.

Baron Kurtz said:
I think he meant unusual to find one of this era with its matching cap still with the suit. That's certainly what i meant.

bk

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
That's what I was thinking but I've never seen them worn as the seller is showing. It was looking like vintage Hammer.

Mike1973

A-List Customer
Baron Kurtz said:
Let me know. I still remember that tempting "i might sell this" thread. ;)

That was over 2 years ago already :eek: Time flies....

I was ready to wear it at the Goodwood Revival last year, but it was just too hot for a tweed suit. I think it should go to a better home now. Also I need some cash to keep the Kombi on the road...;)

I think you may have first dibs anyway Baron. I'll get pics and measurements over to you. (I may have to revise that original price though...;-)

knickerbocker001.jpg

Cap NOT included.
knickerbockersuit009.jpg

volatile

A-List Customer
Mike1973 said:
That was over 2 years ago already :eek: Time flies....

I was ready to wear it at the Goodwood Revival last year, but it was just too hot for a tweed suit. I think it should go to a better home now. Also I need some cash to keep the Kombi on the road...;)

I think you may have first dibs anyway Baron. I'll get pics and measurements over to you. (I may have to revise that original price though...;-)

knickerbocker001.jpg

Cap NOT included.
knickerbockersuit009.jpg

If the Baron isn't interested, might I join the queue!? :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy