Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nivea Creme

RitaHayworth

One of the Regulars
I have the round blue tub of Nivea creme in a plastic container - it says its made in Poland - is this still the original formula?

jayem

A-List Customer
Man, I've searched every Walgreens, Walmart, CVS, and drugstore in the Chicagoland area, and still can't find one that's not made in Mexico!

MissHannah

One Too Many
jayem said:
Man, I've searched every Walgreens, Walmart, CVS, and drugstore in the Chicagoland area, and still can't find one that's not made in Mexico!

Jayem, if you want I will happily get you some and post it over from the UK - it's really cheap here - £0.99 a tin. Just PM me :)

Goldfish

A-List Customer
If you can't find any, I can CP Nivea from Germany for you :)
But vintage or not - I personally wouldn't use it - too much bad stuff in there :(

RitaHayworth

One of the Regulars
Last_Chael said:
Oooh that's really good to know! I'm going shopping tomorrow so I'll keep a lookout for it! Where did you buy yours?

The Made in Poland one was from Big W and the German one from Coles!

Under the tub is a label - gently peel it back (It sticks back again) and read where its from there.

lyburnum

Practically Family
I hate Nivea cream - made my acne the worse it had been in years. Incredibly greasy and sort of 'sits' on your face all day.

MissHannah

One Too Many
I think it's only suitable for dry skin. It is very greasy and you have to use a very thin layer. Works a treat for me but only as a night cream and I have pretty dry, papery skin.

glamour-girl

One of the Regulars
i love nivea cream, i use it to remove my makeup and sometimes as a body cream, i also use a tiny bit amount of it on my hair, to keep the freezies away ;) but i really must say, my skin isn't that sensitve.

desi_de_lu_lu

Practically Family
Being so close to the Mexican border here, our drugstores are jammed packed with alot of the Mexican made 'knockoffs.' (for example Ponds, Nivea, Jergens, etc.)

However, upon closer inspection, while comparing the American made Ponds to that of the Mexican made.. I noticed the Mexican made Ponds had certain waxes in it that the one made in the USA did not. I don't know what difference that would make.. but I am sticking to the one made in the USA.

(although :eek:fftopic: Mexican soda pop is made with real sugar and tastes 1,000 better than our American soda made with corn syrup)

I would love to try a sample of the Nivea made in Poland or Germany. (Since I already use Nivea by the metric tonne)

I would happily pay a new pen-pal to get some for me.

(or we could take it out in trade for an equally coveted USA made product..)

Desi

RitaHayworth

One of the Regulars
desi_de_lu_lu said:
Being so close to the Mexican border here, our drugstores are jammed packed with alot of the Mexican made 'knockoffs.' (for example Ponds, Nivea, Jergens, etc.)

However, upon closer inspection, while comparing the American made Ponds to that of the Mexican made.. I noticed the Mexican made Ponds had certain waxes in it that the one made in the USA did not. I don't know what difference that would make.. but I am sticking to the one made in the USA.

(although :eek:fftopic: Mexican soda pop is made with real sugar and tastes 1,000 better than our American soda made with corn syrup)

I would love to try a sample of the Nivea made in Poland or Germany. (Since I already use Nivea by the metric tonne)

I would happily pay a new pen-pal to get some for me.

(or we could take it out in trade for an equally coveted USA made product..)

Desi

Bring it on! You can ship me out some Ponds original cold cream or OPI! :eusa_clap

VanillaT

One of the Regulars
The only difference I saw between the German-made tin and the Mexican made one is that the Mexican made one had two added preservatives listed. I am not sure if this was an actual ingredient difference or just different ingredient listing requirements between the two countries though(?)

The fragrance of the German-made tin also was slightly different, more lemony or something...[huh]

I agree- Mexican Coca-Cola (even their diet) is SO much better than ours here. Funny those slight differences, eh?

desi_de_lu_lu

Practically Family
VanillaT said:
The only difference I saw between the German-made tin and the Mexican made one is that the Mexican made one had two added preservatives listed. I am not sure if this was an actual ingredient difference or just different ingredient listing requirements between the two countries though(?)

The fragrance of the German-made tin also was slightly different, more lemony or something...[huh]

I agree- Mexican Coca-Cola (even their diet) is SO much better than ours here. Funny those slight differences, eh?

I don't know about the Mexican diet.. or maybe it is the Mexi-Ameri diet. Its good... nice and fattening.. mm cheese.. etc. LOL

pennycarrol

A-List Customer
Oh I love the idea of shipping things lol!! We could exchange products and stuff!! Fun!! They're are a lot of US product that I can't find in France like Coty Airspun, Lottabody lotion...
:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21