Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

No Color Sense - Help Please

Topdog

Familiar Face
I'll be the first to admit it, I have no color sense.

I have been looking at Art Fawcett's VS site and have been ogling (sic), eyeballing, lusting after, etc, the rust colored Brooklyn limited edition hat he has on the site. I just love the depth of that color.

I would use this hat as my special occasion, going out to dinner, church, theatre, dating hat. I typically wear the standard Charleston uniform of navy blazer, khaki pants, cordovan leather shoes, pressed white shirt and tie of my choice.

Would this hat go from a color perspective, or do I need to stay in the boring (to me) range of tawny, fawn, sand, sahara, (light tans), etc.

thanks

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I am similarly color challenged. You know who has a really
impressive ability with color? Art Fawcett. I rarely say something
like this, but I think you should do whatever he says.

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
My instincts tell me that you'll be fine, especially since the felt looks a touch browner (and richer) in person.

That said, I also agree with feltfan. Tell Art your plans and see if he agrees. He has experience with more than just hats. ;)

jpbales

Practically Family
I've only seen Art's hats in pictures, and I can still safely say that he is the man! I wish I was able to get one of his hats! His ribbon/felt color combos are b-e-a-utiful. I'll probably be able to afford making my own hat before I can 'responsibly' spend 305$ on one of his "works of Art" haha. anyway, not even meeting the guy, I would go with what he suggests.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot