Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Noir skyline drawing

ConstantOne

New in Town
Hello folks, this is my first post here, but I've been around the actual Fedora Lounge site for years. I thought I'd share this with you in case someone wanted to use it as it matches the theme at TFL.

I made it a few years ago as the banner image for my Facebook profile:
fKTwpgW.jpg

Feel free to use it if you like it!
The background pattern was lifted from Sinatra's 1990 "The Capitol Years" CD shown here.

Nice to finally join the posting community. I'm thinking about creating something in the classic Edward Hopper style soon, maybe an homage to his famous noir painting "Nighthawks". Have a great night!

- CO

That is beautiful. - simple, elegant. If you are going to do something with Hopper, maybe it would be neat not to use "Nighthawks" as it has been used by so many and in so many ways, but to choose one of his other incredible paintings. Just some suggestion: "Sunlight in Cafeteria," "New York Office," "Room in New York," "Compartment C, Car 193" or "New York Movie."

ConstantOne

New in Town
Thanks, Fading Fast! The minimalist approach is what I was going for, I'm glad you like it. I mentioned "Nighthawks" because most people interested in the 30's - 60's are familiar with the name, but I agree -- a different selection would be best if making something fresh and new out of older content. Have a great day!

VintageEveryday

A-List Customer
Hello folks, this is my first post here, but I've been around the actual Fedora Lounge site for years. I thought I'd share this with you in case someone wanted to use it as it matches the theme at TFL.

I made it a few years ago as the banner image for my Facebook profile:
fKTwpgW.jpg

Feel free to use it if you like it!
The background pattern was lifted from Sinatra's 1990 "The Capitol Years" CD shown here.

Nice to finally join the posting community. I'm thinking about creating something in the classic Edward Hopper style soon, maybe an homage to his famous noir painting "Nighthawks". Have a great night!

- CO
my aesthetic, right here!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21