Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

North Sea Clothing jumpers

Lord Flashheart

A-List Customer
Hello all,
I'm on the point of purchasing either a NOrth Sea Clothing "The Service" Blitz Paris rollneck jumper or a Victory rollneck. I emailed NSC a couple of weeks ago re size recomendations and fit but have not received a response. These are expensive jumpers an non response vexes me a little but they look top quality.

My question is, do any of you people own one and if so, how true are their sizing? I am leaning towards the service jumper but feel with it being a rib knit jumper I may have to go up a size or two. I am a 43inch chest 6'3 and 100kg. Blitz recomend the size 44 or even the 46, what do you think? They will exchange if the size is wrong but I live in Australia and am keen to avoid unnecessary postage charges if possible.

Regards

Garry

Heathfox

New in Town
Hi Garry,
I have a North Sea Clothing "Expedition" sweater, the one with the shawl collar. The quality is above excellent, really sturdy, minimal pilling. I would say the sizing is on the small side, but the sweaters stretch a little with wear. Sleeves tend to be relatively long. If you like your knitwear close fitting, you should be fine with your normal chest size. I am not sure if the high price is justified, in any case they are d*** fine sweaters in great quality, you pay a bit for the name and the "vibe" and the really nice canvas drawstring bag the sweaters come in :)

If it is a rollneck sweater you're after, having it knitted by someone may be a great idea. You'd have a wider selection of colours and wool types, and it feels really nice.
Cheers,
Philipp

leafandarrow

New in Town
Hi Garry,
I have a North Sea Clothing "Expedition" sweater, the one with the shawl collar. The quality is above excellent, really sturdy, minimal pilling. I would say the sizing is on the small side, but the sweaters stretch a little with wear. Sleeves tend to be relatively long. If you like your knitwear close fitting, you should be fine with your normal chest size. I am not sure if the high price is justified, in any case they are d*** fine sweaters in great quality, you pay a bit for the name and the "vibe" and the really nice canvas drawstring bag the sweaters come in :)

If it is a rollneck sweater you're after, having it knitted by someone may be a great idea. You'd have a wider selection of colours and wool types, and it feels really nice.
Cheers,
Philipp

I have one of their submariner roll necks I've never worn. The quality is great, but I have so many sweaters living in VT I've just not gotten around to it. May put it in classifieds one of these days. You and I are the same size, it seems. Mine is a large in navy, and the fit is form fitting, but proper.

You may want to check out SNS Herning. They have slightly higher quality knits (finer gauge, tighter), than North Sea, and the price point is often the same, depending on where you buy it.

I have this sweater in XL (the fit is euro-slim) and love it.

http://www.fransboonestore.com/coll...herning-skyt-strikvarer-fisherman-navy-blue-6

Last edited:

Lord Flashheart

A-List Customer
Thanks for the responses gents. I ordered the Blitz/NSC service roll neck on Friday last week so it should be here at the tail end of this week/early next week. Happy to do a review if anypone is interested?

Garry

fiftyforfifty

Sponsoring Affiliate
Thanks for the responses gents. I ordered the Blitz/NSC service roll neck on Friday last week so it should be here at the tail end of this week/early next week. Happy to do a review if anypone is interested?

Garry

Yes please do so, I'll be happy to hear.

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
I have long intended to buy the Outdoor Knitwear navy blue submariners sweater to complement the cream coloured submariners wool roll neck I already have from Silverman's. It's not yet time for sweaters here but with any luck it will be in a few weeks when the hellish heat and humidity is swept away.

STEVIEBOY1

One Too Many
Yes Outdoor Knitwear Roll Sub roll necks are great. Other suppliers here that are good are Silverman's as mentioned above, also ACE Cafe, & Grand Prix Legends, another firm who will knit really heavey sweaters and will do them in roll neck if you ask them is Sou'West Chunkies based in Cornwall UK.

I have made purchases from all of the above and am pleased with all their purchases.

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
I have a very large number of wool sweaters of military and nautical provenance and look forward to wearing them again in the autumn!

STEVIEBOY1

One Too Many
Oddly enough, I was watching a very old TV Comedy programme on the UK Diggi Channel ITV3 yesterday, (Starring Dame Thora Hird & Chistopher Beeny) and it featured him wearing a heavy roll neck/turtle neck fisherman's jersey, it was an unusual colour, being black and white/or off white speckle. I do remember seeing these many years ago, for some reason, I associate them coming from the North East Coast/Humberside area, (which would make sense as the TV show was featuring Yorkshire & Bridlington which is in that area.) I just looked on the internet, but could not see anything like that being displayed. I think they were very thick & heavy indeed, possibly having oiled wool which again would be logical.

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
I am not sure if this has worked. ...

Attachments

• Capel circular walk.JPG
    Capel circular walk.JPG
    892.4 KB · Views: 1,742
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member