Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Not an) Open Road, but vintage 3X Steston 7 1/2 size, from late 1940's

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Here we have a vintage Stetson, related to the Open Road, but with no brim binding. The liner is embroidered, not painted. I bought it last summer when I was in a vintage collector mode, but I never wear it, so I'm trimming my collection down to only those I wear. This is a very nice old hat, 3X beaver, size 7 1/2. The brim measures 3 inches. It's a cream color, I don't know the official designation for this color. $250 gets it economy shipped to CONUS.

IMG_0181.jpg

IMG_0180.jpg

IMG_0184.jpg

IMG_0182.jpg

there is a smudge on the under side of the brim:
IMG_0186.jpg

and there is wear on the back of the sweatband, not unusual for this old of a hat:
IMG_0185.jpg

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Beautiful hat Blackthorn. What is printed on the sweatband? In one picture I can see "OM".

Thanks Landman. What you're seeing are the initials OMC, set apart from the other stamping on the sweatband. I have no idea what they mean. If anyone needs more pics, I can provide them later today. I'll be gone most of the morning.

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
I'll give this one final bump, to $200 for a piece of American history. I leave for vacation in 6 days, so I have that much time for someone to buy it, and me get it into the mail before I leave. If it doesn't sell for this much, then I'll keep it and make a point of wearing it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn