Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Notable Cigar Aficionados

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
For over 50 years Milton tried, unsuccessfully, to wean George off cheap cigars

938-01.jpg
150_1023407123.jpg

RedPop4

One Too Many
Yes, he still smokes.
Nice thread, thank you.
It is reported that Mark Twain bought his cigars by the barrel, and that they were some of the nastiest cigars available. But, smoke what you like and like what you smoke.

Orvil Newton

One of the Regulars
I watched Hellboy last night. Why is it that he always seems to be re-lighting a stub rather than firing up a fresh stick? Guess it has something to do with the image.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Kermez said:

Most people I've told this story to have thought less of Kennedy after hearing it. [huh]

JOHN F. KENNEDY
"When you're the president of the United States, you can get just about anything you'd like. What the 35th president wanted in early 1962 was a bunch of Cuban cigars, 1,000 Petit Upmanns to be exact. He gave his press secretary, Pierre Salinger, less than 24 hours to round them up. Short notice for such a big request, but then JFK had a pressing reason for procuring the stash in such a timely fashion. He was about to sign an embargo prohibiting any Cuban products from entering the country, including his beloved cigars. The embargo was born of a nasty spat that the United States was having with Cuba and its fears that Fidel Castro represented a growing threat to America's security. But before Kennedy could act, he needed Salinger to complete his assignment. The press secretary didn't let him down, as he managed to scrounge up 1,200 cigars. Kennedy then signed the embargo, and Cuban tobacco has been off-limits to Americans ever since. "

univibe88

One Too Many
DSCN1837.jpg

That's RedPop4 on the right. He's a major player over at www.cigarweekly.com If you are into cigars you should check it out.

That's me in the middle and Ed Guevara on the left. Ed has left us too soon, but that's another story :(

I think we're notable :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy