Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Notch lapel

Wild Root

Gone Home
Sure you can find original vintage! To me, that's vintage and what they're saying is vintage today (1970's-80's) isn't really vintage. It's making me feel old.

I only wear 50+ year old clothes and I'm a tall guy!

Lapels of the 20's were a little on the narrow side and so were some early 30's lapels that I've seen on a few custom made late 30's suits that were dated that had a narrow lapel. I guess it really depended on the person's taste.

The wide notched lapel was around in the 30's to the early 50's. The narrow lapel of the late 50's and 60's look was very trendy and mainstream and there were those who held to the wider look because that's what they liked in the 40's and still held on to it into later years.

I'm not a fan of narrow skimpy lapels; give me a nice full bodied cut and style! It looks more masculine in my opinion.

=WR=

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
adamgottschalk said:
I just love these kinds of images. Where does a person go for vintage suit as old as that, 60 years or older? Can you find them still in good condition? I guess that goes without saying...

Good luck, Chum. I've been looking for a few years. Those suits are better'n sex, in my book.
WildRoot you are extremely lucky and blessed in many ways, not the least of which is getting dibs on incoming vintage wear. And you're in a good state for finding such things.
I'm tall also, and here in Ohio I even tried stopping tall men of a certain age to ask if they still had their old clothes. They're just extremely hard to find. And I haven't seen any posts of truly successful copies here, though some of our members are working on it. I tried myself, but... you gotta have the goods to copy.

So, adamgottschalk, to quote Marc:

Nope.

Scott

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy