Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Notions about fit

I know this is not exactly a fit advice thread, but since the general topic is around fit... I thought I could maybe post in here with a question withh more experienced eyes for advice.

Tried out a cross-zip for the first time - a used Schott Perfecto (42 size 626VN) and was very underwhelmed with the fit. Just did not feel right and billowy around the waist area, tight around the shoulders. Chest was also a bit droopy. Coincidentally, this place was across a Schott store and I tried the same in a bunch of sizes, M, L & XL. I didn't even bother to take pics as the results are either the same as below or just plain worse.

Was hoping someone more experienced could tell me why the fit is so off and what measurements I should maybe pay attention to if I wanted to get a cross zip that fit better.

View attachment 610417

For reference, here's a couple of jackets I have where I'm very happy with the fit (both 42 size RMC J100, LW Ryder)
View attachment 610418 View attachment 610419

Try the flagship models @Aloysius recommended, the 618 or the 118 or the 613. The 626 doesn't even look good on Schott's product page.

This is what you want from Schott.
https://www.schottnyc.com/products/steerhide-perfecto.htm?color=1&catID=5

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters