Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Now This is an Electric Car!

J. M. Stovall

Call Me a Cab
1947 Tama by Nissan. I would buy one of these in a heartbeat!

After the war, oil was scarce but electricity was plentiful, so for a period the government promoted the manufacture of electric vehicles. With this encouragement, the "Tama" was introduced. In performance tests conducted by the Commerce & Industry Ministry, it did better than its catalog specifications with a cruising range of 96.3 km and a top speed of 35.2 km/h.

1947-Nissan-Tama-Electric-Car-lg.jpg

J. M. Stovall

Call Me a Cab
The thing is, it's completely comparable to the modern electric commuter cars that are popping up. Even the speed is regulated to 25 mph by DMV code in 48 states. I think only Oregon and California recently upped it to 35 mph for commuter electric vehicles. So while I and my three friends run into town for ice cream and a movie in retro style, you can sweat on your bike ;).

Absinthe_1900

One Too Many
J. M. Stovall said:
1947 Tama by Nissan. I would buy one of these in a heartbeat!

After the war, oil was scarce but electricity was plentiful, so for a period the government promoted the manufacture of electric vehicles. With this encouragement, the "Tama" was introduced. In performance tests conducted by the Commerce & Industry Ministry, it did better than its catalog specifications with a cruising range of 96.3 km and a top speed of 35.2 km/h.

You'd still have to watch the speed going through West U. ;)

Boxerken

One of the Regulars
The styling on it is great, i love suicide doors. With todays tecnology and that styling they would sell like hotcakes.

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Too dangerous to walk, Vespa or bicycle the three miles from my house to downtown. I need a protective shell. And the bus stops running around midnight so that won't work. That Tama looks just the ticket. 22 MPH is about the speed everyone drives on Main Street anyway.
It seems I've seen a picture of that before, when my brother and I were children and interested in weird vehicles, in a library book.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
You might think that the current adverts on The Lounge are annoying, but I keep getting pop ups, and not just here, for a car call the MG Cyberster, It's an all electric sports car. Chances are someone somewhere knows that I have a seventy-five-year old MG in the garage. They have assumed that it must be about time it was changed. That same somebody doesn't realise that even if this old fart could get into the driver's seat it would take an engine hoist to get me out again.
mg cyberster.jpg mg cyber.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24