Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Now You Can Build Your Own Enigma Machine for Free!

Ugarte

A-List Customer
That's right, now you too can code and decode messages just like Fregattenkapit?§n Otto Kretschmer, Ace of the U-99!

But there's more! It's all for no money whatsoever!!

You just print a PDF file, cut it out and CRYPTO!!! You have Enigma!!!! !!!!!

Okay, it's probably not that cool and I'm pretty sure somebody here has seen this before. Lord knows I've never been the first one to find anything truly cool, but I played with this thing for hours this afternoon. It's pretty tricky, but it works and I found it enlightening. I never really understood how the encryption scheme in the Enigma worked. It's no wonder the Germans had such confidence in it.

I just thought I'd mention it.

Website

Paper Enigma PDF

Mark

Ugarte

A-List Customer
Tommydean said:
that is cool Mark!!!! I think the guys over at subcommitte.com(R/C subs) would like this..
Tom

By all means share. I was not familiar with the group of which you speak, but sure enough there they are. Are you a member?

Mark

MMarsden

New in Town
Wow, I'm still amazed that such a thing that caused so much trouble in Bletchley Park could be condensed onto a single sheet of paper.

Math is weird like that, I guess.

Tommydean

Familiar Face
Ugarte said:
By all means share. I was not familiar with the group of which you speak, but sure enough there they are. Are you a member?

Mark
yes i have been a member since 1993.its a fun hobby if you like design&engineering and there is alot of it in that hobby.
Tom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24