Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Numbered" Stetsons

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
e.g. - Stetson 10s 20s 25s 50s & 100s

I just commited to a Stetson 25 O.R. & was wondering its vintage.

Can anyone enlighten me as to the date the "numbered" line ceased to be produced ?
It was sold at the Joske's of Texas Men's Store, which was aquired by the Allied Dept. store chain in '86 during all that merger-mania, so I guess I can confidently say it is at least 20 yrs. old...

Visigoth

A-List Customer
Man, we really need a database here. It's been suggested before: Pictures of liners, etc., where the date has been verified.

I think we found (probably Matt) that the number models Stetson and others produced were discontinued in the late fifties early sixties due to the ever increasing price of the hats. Yesterday's 10 became the 15 and then the 20. They went with style names instead like the Dobbs Jaguar. :rolleyes:
10s 15s and 20s were gone by the midfifties as far as I can tell. They still made the 25s, 40s 50s and 100 throughout the periods though as these were the high end models no matter.
Perhaps others can elaborate more. [huh]

Regards,

J

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buick