Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NYC: actually saw 3 guys in fedoras

GregNYC

One Too Many
this morning at the Port Authority bus terminal. One older gent in a nice one, and two Indy-style downturned brims. This doesn't sound like many, but it's more than I almost ever see among the thousands of people commuting to NYC at 7:30am, bundled against the cold but wearing no hats, or watch caps, baseball caps with their Burberry or Barbour overcoats!

Getting There . . . Getting There . . .

Out here on the frontier (Brooklyn), I do see more and more hats.

Sadly, only a small fraction of those being worn by the suit-and-overcoat set are true dress hats of the types that would go with the coats. Instead, lots of safari hats, leather-banded felts and the like, suggesting perhaps a residual insecurity that "people might think I'm really wearing a hat!".

Still, progress comes in small steps, I suppose. And fashion-wise, the human male has long been a beast of herdin'.

Sardou

Solid Citizen

Practically Family
Reports from the Trenches

Sardou, MattC & GregNYC,

Its almost like rare bird watching except your prey is felt. The real test is when the weather starts to warm up, would be neat to catch some digital candids from your felt sightings for posting here at the Lounge! Peter :cool2:

Bart

Familiar Face
NYC Fedoras

I don't live in the city, but I am sick of those ball caps, which some bozos call hats. Especially when they sit in a resaturant or at a bar, they leave the cap on and think they are the coolest, hot shot, sportsman around. Of course the bill must be formed tunnel-like. And then there are those who reverse the bill to the back. Time for the eateries to post "REMOVE CAPS & HATS WHILE IN THE ESTABLISHMENT". Here's hoping we can start a revolution in mens head "gear" and manners!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran