Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OFF TO EBAY - early '40s Stetson Special - 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

simmonsgc

Familiar Face
ScottF said:
Edited to add: and if I survive the wrath of the bartender, I'll be visiting the Classifieds here about as often as I visit the Powder room.

Well, I'm sad to hear that. You're a valued member of the whole community from what I've seen here. Seems a drastic response over a hat that you wound up giving away in frustration. Maybe this was a 'last straw' kinda thing for you, and I don't know the whole story. Anyway, classifieds or no, I hope to see you continue around here...I've learned a lot from some of your posts.

Regards,
GC

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
simmonsgc said:
Well, I'm sad to hear that. You're a valued member of the whole community from what I've seen here. Seems a drastic response over a hat that you wound up giving away in frustration. Maybe this was a 'last straw' kinda thing for you, and I don't know the whole story. Anyway, classifieds or no, I hope to see you continue around here...I've learned a lot from some of your posts.

Regards,
GC

+1 We like seeing you around.

Marc Chevalier said:
A great idea. :eusa_clap Actually, several of us have done it here in the past. I once sold a vintage suit that way: only one bidder, but at least it sold ... so both he and I were happy!

Speaking of which, I've often wondered whether JohnnyPhi paid a fee or percentage to the Fedora Lounge for having hosted his auctions.
Don't know that answer Marc, but I had seen others doing auction type sales when I posted mine only to have the bartenders say enough. It was explained that they negotiated a special undertaking for Johnny due to the nature of his inventory in the Vendor section & never meant to open up general auctioning for individual items in Classifieds. Oh well.... [huh]
I think I'll offer some here & take some there, no big thing either way to me since this is just for fun...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic