Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ok..Don't Laugh

Michaelson

One Too Many
Ah, well, guess we can look at it this way too...we're thankful for the aches, pains, creaks and groans our joints do...if we didn't have them, we'd probably not feel much of anything else...everything is numb!:eek: ;) Regards. Michaelson

Kilgour Trout

One of the Regulars
Kindred Weird Spirits?

Ahhhhh......that explains it!!!!
I was beginning wonder why all three of us were gravitating to the same discussions :eek: :D LOL ! Then I remembered "My Anne of Green Gables", let my friends be the the Michealson and the Dude and the other Over 40's of the Lounge!:D :D LOL . Chewchewchewchewchewchew.....I seem to hear the crashing of aircraft..hmmmm

P.s. I sort of like coffee but I didn't want to say anything.
Favourite at the moment is "Buffalo blend"...and yes we actually have two gourmet coffee shops here in Red Lake. We pride ourselves on having savoured the entire cornucopia of coffees.

hmmmm...buffalo blend.

Warm Weird Regards
Kilgour Trout

Michaelson

One Too Many
Buffalo blend? How many buffalo does it take to make it? (sorry, had to ask that one.:rolleyes: ;) )

Reminds me of the confusion I caused in Ft. Worth last month when I walked into a high end coffee shop, staffed by what appeared to be (and don't take this wrong, left coasters) a couple of blond California 'dudes'. I asked for a cup of coffee, and received two of the blankest stares one could ask for. Last time I saw the same expression was on a couple of cows near my home. I asked again, and one finally replied.'Uh, dude, what do you want done to it?" This time, it was MY turn to look blank. "Well, pour it in a cup?" "Oh, Dude, you just want a cup of COFFEE! We can do that!" They got ALL excited too!
Man, get away from the fancy stuff, and they go brain dead!!!:eek: Regards. Michaelson

CoffeeDude

One of the Regulars
Re: Kindred Weird Spirits?

Originally posted by Kilgour Trout
....let my friends be the the Michealson and the Dude and the other Over 40's of the Lounge!:D :D LOL . Chewchewchewchewchewchew.....I seem to hear the crashing of aircraft..hmmmm
LOL LOL LOL

Originally posted by Kilgour Trout
P.s. I sort of like coffee but I didn't want to say anything.
Favourite at the moment is "Buffalo blend"...
hmmmm...buffalo blend.

Warm Weird Regards
Kilgour Trout
A coffee consumer - truely a kindred soul. However, Buffalo Blend? So what part of the buffalo do they use it in? No ... wait ... would rather not know. :confused: :eek:

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Wah whooooo dude!

"... staffed by what appeared to be (and don't take this wrong, left coasters) a couple of blond California 'dudes'. I asked for a cup of coffee, and received two of the blankest stares one could ask for. Last time I saw the same expression was on a couple of cows near my home."

Ok Pal. Don't besmirch my home state! It's :KAHLIFOANIA" , per Arnold Schwarzenegger, Govenator, State of California.

And Dude, don't make me spit out laughing again on my monitor...you're post was a riot! AND SO TRUE! Believe me, it is not just here we get that, it is a generational thing all across america!!

Michaelson

One Too Many
Andy, apparently it made their day as well, as I went BACK the next day, and they remembered me and had my cup ready before I even asked. Of all the folks who had to have come and gone through their doors over that 24 hours (it's located almost next door to the Ft. Worth converence center), they remembered that particular sale. :) "Hey Dude, you came back!"

Oh, to keep it topic related, the shop can be found DIRECTLY across the street from Peters Brothers Hat company, and is where Nelda Peters purchases her daily cup of java.

Regards. Michaelson

CoffeeDude

One of the Regulars
Fortunately at work we keep a couple of pots of coffee on "tap" (see it was just a matter of time until we got back to Kilgour's orginal post). However, it takes a long time to pour a cup as software developers generally prefer their coffee to have the consistancy of crude oil.

I get that cow (as opposed to COW) stare over at Starbuck when I ask for a large cup of 'joe'.

Michaelson

One Too Many
I usually find around our coffee shops that they post what the daily blend was in the caraffs out front...find out which one was NOT decaf or a speciality flavor, and go for a large cup. Pointing at their list is good, as the less one has to say to the kids behind the counter, the lower the risk in getting a cup of real coffee. Eliminates the confusion...more or less.:rolleyes: Regards. Michaelson

Retro Grouch

One of the Regulars
Originally posted by CoffeeDude
One thing I have learned is that when you get past the age of 40, if there's a body part that doesn't snap, crackle, pop, or hurt ... it's because it doesn't work. ;)

I'm finding that out.:confused:

My current nector of the bean is Allegro Organic Whole Foods Blend. :coffee: And yes, I do shop at Whole Foods. >putting on organic fiber flame suit<

Boulder, CO is coffee central. There are 40+ coffee shops and that's only about half of the shops that serve coffee.

Originally posted by Michaelson
"Hey Dude, you came back!"

They would have to have been from Kali. No self respecting Texan would say "you come back". It's Y'ALL come back. :rage: :D

Michaelson

One Too Many
Keep 'em. I've got all the Berkeley graduated professors working here at the Space Institute that I can handle at the moment, and most of them are lucky to find their way off the parking lot.:rolleyes: ;) Regards. Michaelson

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters