Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OK I'll play!

Bogie1943

Practically Family
Great stuff my friend, I really like the white suit a lot, I have been on the hunt for a white suit for a long time, no luck so far, but I really like that one.

gcollins

One of the Regulars
Very nice hats! It still amazes me how someone could have so many outstanding hats and not struggle everyday on which hat to wear.

I also have figured you out after seeing your photos in the nice vintage suits and cool hats: you're really Russell Crowe, aren't you? Should have worn one of those nice lids to collect that Oscar!

G

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Thanks for bringing them out Dusty!!!!

Gentlemen, I have an advantage here since many of these I have held, cleaned and blocked, and drooled over in my shop. Dusty regularly sends me his hats for TLC and trust me, the pics don't do them justice.:)

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
What a collection!!

I especially love the Montecriste and that navy blue fedora. But there are dozens of cool hats in there any of us would be proud to own.

You probably have a hat for any color or combo of clothes you wear.

I am really glad to find people here on this site who have even more hats than I do. My friends and family think it is weird, but I can tell that you fellows understand (I think you are all fellows, are there any more gals out there?)

Thanks for showing us your hat collection. It is better than some of the sellers' websites I go to, has more variety and color.

karol

Dusty Rhodes

Suspended
The Fed of course!

Originally posted by Renderking Fisk
What's your favorate?

The Fed of course! It fits like a Glove. I bought it used from Dr J either from here or Club Obi-Wan. It's comfortable, not too heavy, and the sweatband is superb. Someday I'll get a Deluxe but for now I concentrate on the Vintage.
Dusty

Dusty Rhodes

Suspended
Originally posted by fedoralover
Nice collection indeed. Your Dobbs 20 looks very similar to mine. they are a very high quality hat.

regards fedoralover

Thank you sir! Art reworked that old Dobbs from a holey mess of Moth holes. He truly worked a miracle with it! Heck I was so impressed, I've sent him a half dozen more since for cleaning nad reblocking, ect. It's a great hat adn I can't wait to wear it this winter. Most of those ahts have been acquired since the spring so I haven't had a chance to get out and about in them! I hear winters here in Las Vegas don't get all that cold, and to me that sure was a disappointment. Oh well, I shall judge for msyelf though!
Dusty

Dusty Rhodes

Suspended
Originally posted by jamespowers
Very nice. You have quite a collection---all well kept. Looks like you and I collect along the same lines. :D Several nice Whippets, Knox and Dobbs. :cool2:

Regards,

J

JP,
I love the Whippets! They seem to fit me the best of all my hats. I even collect the ads from Ebay. It's ashame Stetson no longer produces such a quality hat. The Dobbs and Knox are sweet too.
Dusty

Dusty Rhodes

Suspended
Originally posted by Bogie1943
Great stuff my friend, I really like the white suit a lot, I have been on the hunt for a white suit for a long time, no luck so far, but I really like that one.

Josh,
Now those suits are modern creations tailored by a Korean Tailor near Osan Air Base in South Korea. My wife is stationed there and she had them made for me at $185 a pop, which includes a vest. She sent me a list of measurements he needed, which I took to a tialor in Texas to get done. Once I had tehm, I sent them to her and she went and had the suits made. I wanted the pinstripe to look more vintage but she forgot to take the pictures with her to him that day. So that's what I ended up with. Don't get me wrong, I'm VERY happy with it and it fits like a glove. As for the white suit, she did take the pics along, and yes folks, it is a belt back or box back jacket, but I had no idea what material to make it out of. So she told him white linen suit and that is what I got. It wrinkles up pretty bad though but I have worn it to a few Big Band dances and a Swing Music show here on the Strip. Needless to say I have probably caused a ton of whiplash and a few near misses on the road. It's funny but I do get a ton of compliments. For my next trick, I want a off white suit made out of a different material that doesn't wrinkle but won't wilt in here in the desert. Would Seersucker be a good material for a summer suit? I really had no clue and that white suit was more or less an experiment to see if he could pull off the vintage look, which I think he got pretty close on. Thanks for the compliments on the suits folks!
Dusty

Dusty Rhodes

Suspended
Originally posted by Quigley Brown
A suggestion, though....ya gotta find a better spot to get your photo taken wearing those suits!;)
I know, those were taken this past May in the back of our military housing in West Texas. I'll put them on again and reshoot when she returns in January. I hope I can get a few more suits made before she leaves Korea.
Dusty:D

Dusty Rhodes

Suspended
Originally posted by gcollins
Very nice hats! It still amazes me how someone could have so many outstanding hats and not struggle everyday on which hat to wear.

I also have figured you out after seeing your photos in the nice vintage suits and cool hats: you're really Russell Crowe, aren't you? Should have worn one of those nice lids to collect that Oscar!

G

Oh I do struggle, I think I have too many now but maybe I will quit when I hit 40! HA! ;)
Dusty

Dusty Rhodes

Suspended
Originally posted by Art Fawcett
Thanks for bringing them out Dusty!!!!

Gentlemen, I have an advantage here since many of these I have held, cleaned and blocked, and drooled over in my shop. Dusty regularly sends me his hats for TLC and trust me, the pics don't do them justice.:)

Drool? is that the secret cleaning ingriedent? LOL LOL Thanks Art
D

Originally posted by Dusty Rhodes
JP,
I love the Whippets! They seem to fit me the best of all my hats. I even collect the ads from Ebay. It's ashame Stetson no longer produces such a quality hat. The Dobbs and Knox are sweet too.

Ah, we do collect along the same lines. :fedora: Whippets are my forte as well. I hope you have an easier time finding them though. At either 7 5/8 or a big 7 1/2 they are a bit hard to find. I think Resistol just put out the "self conforming" phrase faster than Stetson could because Stetsons of that vintage really do. It is indeed too bad that Stetson decided that cheaper is better. :cry: I heard a buzz from somewhere though that Stetson was going to get back into hat making at the small shop level. I think I heard it here somewhere---anyone else remember? Wonder what they are going to put out and how much they think they can get for it. LOL
Vintage Knox and Dobbs are also favorites but I also have a few Borsalinos that are nice as well---Thanks to Art because I could never find them myself. :D

Regards to all,

J

Dusty Rhodes

Suspended
Originally posted by K.D. Lightner
What a collection!!

I especially love the Montecriste and that navy blue fedora. But there are dozens of cool hats in there any of us would be proud to own.

You probably have a hat for any color or combo of clothes you wear.

I am really glad to find people here on this site who have even more hats than I do. My friends and family think it is weird, but I can tell that you fellows understand (I think you are all fellows, are there any more gals out there?)

Thanks for showing us your hat collection. It is better than some of the sellers' websites I go to, has more variety and color.

karol
Thanks Karol, my pleasure to finally get them out in Public. Art kinda had to push me a little :cool2:
Dusty

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav