Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Oklahoma City Suggestions

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

Here are the Oklahoma City hat shops so far:

These guys are closed for Remodeling as of July 12, 2012. I was there after work hours so I can’t tell anything about their intent to return to business. They're around the corner from Shorty's and Cattleman's Steakhouse.

Stemwinder Custom Hats
2225 Exchange Ave
Oklahoma City, OK 73108

Schafer Hat Works

This guy looks like an older version of Mike Moore (I did mean that as a compliment to both). I'll probably take my local business to him if possible. I don't know if he just does ribbons or not.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5KlyqVISds

107 North Main Street
Noble, OK 73068
(405) 872-9997

Shorty’s Caboy Hatts
Shorty's looks like a custom cutter cowboy hat shop. They didn't appear (in their online add) to have anything like a Boss of the Plains or a Cavalry hat.

http://shortyshattery.com/cowboy_hats/

1206 South Agnew Avenue;
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73108

I have an apartment at Western Avenue and 89th street on the South side. I'll probably move to Norman. The apartment finder people said that the stuff downtown was close to $2000 a month so I didn't look. I' may have to go check to see if they were fibbing or not.

Later

zombi

A-List Customer
Hi, I'm in OKC. I'm not from here, but I live here now. I have never been overly fond of Norman. *shrug*

A nice compromise between a shoddy modern apartment and a rental house would be a vintage four- or 8-plex. They can be found in the neighborhoods north of downtown, where they were built in the 20s and 30s for young singles who commuted on the interurban. If I found myself having to live in an apartment, I'd much prefer one of these charming units in an old neighborhood.

I lived in some of these 8-plexes around the Paseo area of Oklahoma City for some years. I lived in the NW 30s to NW teens area, around NW 25 and 26th street particularly. My landlord was very nice and I enjoyed my apartments very much. One of the smallest had glass-brick fireplace I particularly liked. :)

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
I've been on 25th for over 15 years, and can't think of another part of the City I'd prefer.

eta: When I lived in Norman for college, in the mid 80s, it was a charming place. These days though, with all the Interstate shopping sprawl and added traffic, it doesn't appeal to me at all. I find myself avoiding going down that way unless absolutely necessary.

Last edited:

DavidJ

One of the Regulars
I've never been to Shorty's, but I'm not too satisfied with an OR I found from there. Really cheap sweat and the liner has a bunch of glue, but for 10 dollars it wasn't a bad find.

zombi

A-List Customer
I've been on 25th for over 15 years, and can't think of another part of the City I'd prefer.
Aww! My favourite apartment was on NW 25th street. :) It's such a lovely part of the city. The couple/family who owned the 8-plex own several others in the same area and similar ones a little further away. They are such lovely people!

Now I live around NW 48th St in a house as opposed to apartments. There are quite a few duplexes in my area, but it's not as cheap for rent as those apartments were.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Aww! My favourite apartment was on NW 25th street. :) It's such a lovely part of the city. There are quite a few duplexes in my area, but it's not as cheap for rent as those apartments were.

I rented near 25NW Penn while a law student at OCU. Loved the 'hood.

1961MJS

Hi again

I just moved South of Norman OK on Classen Ave at a place called the Links at Norman. It's a sort of golfing community. I don't golf naturally. The apartments are Brand new, I'm the first resident again after 25 years. I like having my own washer / dryer. I have a really nice morning drive up Sooner road.

I've eaten at Cattleman's steak house three times so far. It's 102 years old now. I've also been to the National Cowboy Museum. I've been going back to my Mom's or Wichita a lot of weekends, but that's changing a little. I'll try and take a few pictures to put in the hats section.

Later

1961MJS

Hi

What liquor stores in Norman OK, or in the general OKC area carry Rye Whiskey? I went by Thunderbird Liquor in Norman and they didn't have any at all. I'm looking for a place that carries Sazarec.

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy