Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Oklahoma & MO Ice Storm

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
I hope any FLers in that area are OK, although I suspect you can't read this because you don't have power.

Having gone through the ice storm in Maine in '08, you have my sympathy!

Weston

A-List Customer
I've never been one to comment on a ladies age, but you're either very tech-savvy for a senior citizen, or you've got a Delorean in your garage I'd like to take a look at. ;)

And yes, we here in Missouri are hoping the temps stay up so it doesn't get too bad. Wife and I both commute about an hour each day, so it gets kinda scary.

Riley Dee

One of the Regulars
Part of the Oklahoma City metro area's power is out but I am thankfully with power. Thank you for the concern. I hope the other loungers in the area are doing ok as well.

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
Weston said:
I've never been one to comment on a ladies age, but you're either very tech-savvy for a senior citizen, or you've got a Delorean in your garage I'd like to take a look at. ;)

And yes, we here in Missouri are hoping the temps stay up so it doesn't get too bad. Wife and I both commute about an hour each day, so it gets kinda scary.

Oh yes, I am quite tech savvy for an old gal. ;) lol

Rooster

Practically Family
It's in Iowa now.:rage: I had to shut off the power to the barn this morning as the old electrical wire going out there was sparking with all that ice on it.....looks like I'll have to get a new line strung out there this week.:eusa_doh:

Harry Pierpont

One of the Regulars
Rooster said:
It's in Iowa now.:rage: I had to shut off the power to the barn this morning as the old electrical wire going out there was sparking with all that ice on it.....looks like I'll have to get a new line strung out there this week.:eusa_doh:

Get a shovel and take it underground!

MKL

A-List Customer
PrettySquareGal, the concern is much appreciated. Kansas was hit with rain and ice last night and it is still coming down. Thousands are without power in the area. Thankfully we are still up and running. I hope all will be safe if they have to get out in this stuff.

It makes for pretty pics but it is very dangerous.

Here are a couple shots:

DSC_0022Large.jpg

DSC_0023Large.jpg

rebelgtp

One of the Regulars
good luck to all. seems like there have been quite a few serious storms so far this year. out here in the NW we had I5 under 10 feet of water in one area :eek: . a old co worker lived in a small town that got completely cut off from everything, the town had no power no food no nothing. out where i'm at its been fairly mild except the other morning when it was so cold it hurt to breath, good fun.

as destructive as ice storms are they can leave some beautiful photo ops in their aftermath. of course the last time i was in one i woke up in the morning remembering that i forgot to put my car in the garage the night before. went outside and my old porsche was covered in almost 2 inches of ice :(

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
It's finally melting! We were without power all of Sunday, and then off and on for a few days. Some people are still without, I believe. Our entire town was down, as well as a few surrounding areas. Very erie... driving around with NO street lights, like in a movie or something. We have trees and limbs down everywhere. Good thing we'd had the ones by the house trimmed, and a few taken out before.
Nikki
2101249755_b296322779_b.jpg

There are a lot more limbs down here since I took this pic. We need to take that tree down. The red barn is our neighbors, right on the line.
2102026158_732e7d4e41_b.jpg

Here are the neighbor kids "ice surfing", I thought it was halarious!
2101247467_ff87131772_b.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn