Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Old BELSTAFF Leather Trench - Any help identifying?

VintageTQ

New in Town
Picked up this really cool old Leather Trench made by Belstaff today. Never seen anything like it before, im guessing its pretty early Belstaff. Has large mouton fur collar and a nice cotton/wool lining.
Anybody seen one before? or any ide what era it might have come from?

Any help would be much appreciated

Regards

IMG_8309.jpg

IMG_8310.jpg

IMG_8311.jpg

IMG_8312.jpg

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
Hmm very interesting, if I didn't know better I'd say it was a direct copy of the Swedish winter coat one often sees, maybe Belstaff bought them in and badged them up or the Belstaff tag has been sewn in later?
A photo of the back and with the collar turned up would help too.
Very nice coat either way.

Last edited:

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
Cheers, I am in no doubt that it IS a Swedish leather coat, whether it was made for Belstaff or the label sewn in later by an unscruplulous dealer I don't know ....as I said earlier it's still a good and fairly valuable coat, the Swedish coats often go for £100 plus!

Question that may have been answered somewhere here in the past...but I'll be darned if I can find it.
Why do some trench coat designs have that extra flap (looks like a wind flap) over the right shoulder? To cover the top button and help keep rain/wind out if you button the coat all the way up?

FWCollins

New in Town
Hi is this the same as the one on eBay now item 230877762628?

I agree with the thoughts of Estaban68 that it looks Swedish. Belstaff founders also had an Army and Navy outlet at first so possible they were re labelling surplus under their logo? Nice coat either way!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy