Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Old family movies

animator

One of the Regulars
Over the holidays I got to see a DVD of some 60+ year old family movies my aunt had digitally captured. My old relatives had some nice hats! My great grandfather had a hat that looked suprisingly like the fedora Art Fawcett made for me! I had not seen any of these people in hats before, and unfortunately all those fedoras are long gone.

Once I get a copy of the video I'll post some images.

Does anyone else have old family videos featuring nice hats?

Lensmaster

One of the Regulars
No family movies. But recently my aunt and uncle celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary. So there was a party and lots of pictures that had been collected of them. My uncle is a preacher and fairly conservative. I noticed one picture in particular. It was taken in the 50's soon after they were married so he was in his mid 20's. He was wearing a suit and had a fedora tipped sharply to the side. So in his day he was quite the hip young preacher.

Flieger

Practically Family
Animator: Love to see some of your images when you get hold of them!

This topic reminded me that my family had a paper bag filled with old 8mm (not super 8) film taken before I was born. I wonder what happened with that bag? (Sherlock-mode: ON)

/F

animator

One of the Regulars
Hey Lensmaster, my great grandfather was a preacher, too! I wasn't born until he was in his late 80's, so it was fun to see him younger and all decked out, too.

Most of the guys in the video had some really nice looking suits... which suprised me because we are from Iowa farm country and there wasn't any extra money around.

Flieger -find that film... it doesn't last forever. Much longer and our movies would have been lost.

It would be great to see old family photos people have with relatives decked out in great hats and suits! I had no idea my family ever looked that good!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass