Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Old "Stetson" from the 20's

Mark G

A-List Customer
This is a hat I've had for 35 years. I got it at a yard sale from a man in his 80's who said it was a Stetson he purchased in the 20's. I have no way of telling if it is indeed a Stetson as the sweat had been replaced (no makings) and it had no liner.

It does indeed seem from that time period as it has a pencil curl and a very tall open crown of about 7" with quite a bit of taper.

It was quite a mess when I purchased it for a princely sum of $3.00. But it cleaned up very well with very little moth intrusion. I still wear this hat quite a bit and marvel at the abuse it's seen from my 35 years and still looks great.

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
There would be stickers attatched to the felt, stating the hats size, and such. Should look like this:

06410.jpg

Mark G

A-List Customer
There are no markings on the hat body at all. I'm assuming the hat was totally rebuilt at some time.

I honestly don't even care if it is a Stetson or a clone as I have no intention of selling it. It appears to be natural beaver (by the color and the fact that is has been through several years of roofing,construction work and multiple deluges). The previous owner had said he wore it quite a bit as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner