Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ooooooooh, I was drooling over this one...

Dave Keith

Familiar Face
That looks to be a pristine example! I saw that one on eBay and looked longingly at it, wishing it were larger. :)

A great opportunity to wear a high quality hat at maybe 1/4 the price of something comparable in a modern one.

Congrats!

PS. As to age, that brim sure makes it look forties/early fifties, but I am no expert at all.

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
Congratulations on an amazing find! It gives hope to see that there are "brand new" vintage hats like that still turning up. Now if some would turn up on the larger side.... And now the usual request: post pictures after you get it and shape it please.

Solid Citizen

Practically Family
A good looking lid @ a fair price & the quality has to be 100% better than what you would find today on a newer model. Enjoy! Peter :cool:

Hmmmm... I knew I should have bought that one. :p ;)
You did well. There just aren't new hats like that sitting around after fifty sixty years.
You are going to like that one if you like the lighter weight felts. The Zephyr Weights were introduced in late twenties-early thirties from what I gather from the ads. They are still being produced today by Stetson from what I gather. I see one on ebay now that looks like it was produced yesterday anyway. :p Yours is older. I would guess late forties into the 1950s. :cool2: Not bad at all. I want to see it when you put your personal touch on it.

Regards to all,

J

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24