Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Open Road...Seabiscuit Bash

Kaleponi Craig

A-List Customer
I recently got a 1950s era Open Road, never worn, from Ebay. It had the typical LBJ bash that I didn't like. I tried bashing it myself, and put the rather dismal results here on Fedora Lounge. But then I sent it to Art Fawcett and had him bash it for me in the style of the hat worn by Jeff Bridges in Seabiscuit (the original hat is actually Art's). Here are the results...

craigstetson2.jpg

craigstetson1.jpg

And here is the original...

seabiscuit.jpg

Thank you, Art, for yet another wonderful hat.

I can now be an official member of the Open Road Guild!

Regards,

Kaleponi Craig

Victor

One of the Regulars
Looks like a perfect match! Of course art has an advantage here since he owns the original sebicuit hat and can use it as a reference. Nice job!

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Oh good...you got it

Thanks Craig, glad you are pleased.
HJ, I didn't make this hat. It's an original Penny's Marathon that I rented to the costumer for the film. She did me a great favor and left the scene tags etc on the hat so that I could prove that it was the same hat.

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Art Fawcett said:
HJ, I didn't make this hat. It's an original Penny's Marathon that I rented to the costumer for the film. She did me a great favor and left the scene tags etc on the hat so that I could prove that it was the same hat.
Well, from the look of Craig's, you sure could have made it! -Sorry for the mix up.
:)

Kaleponi Craig

A-List Customer
Seabiscuit hat...

Yes, Art, I got it yesterday and I'm again pleased and amazed at your work. You even got it to fit much better.

When I was in Art's shop in Rodeo, CA last year, Art let me see the original. Not nearly as nice a hat as one of Art's, of course, but really nice to see, as it has a bit of screen history...KC

GA Wildlifer

Familiar Face
Fantastic!

Seeing your hat makes me want to find the time to send my recent OR purchase to Art to renovate and fedoraize it. It is my size but has shrunk.

That is a great shape.

Art, what block did you use? ( a very self-serving question. )

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Wildlifer..I think I used a 51 long oval. Geeze, I'm not sure I ever looked........to me it's just KC's block. I've made hats for him before so I know it works.
I KNOW I should sound more professional..but..

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
thank you Bros.. Coming from another hatter it means alot.

Welcome to The Lounge..there are a bunch of great guys here whose knowledge is sometimes frightening in detail but always fun and educational.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24