Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Open Road

So it was you who got that OR. Congrats. I had my eye on it but my stable of Open Road and Open Road-like lids is already quite full (there's always room for another, though), and then I watched the bidding go higher than the limit I've set for myself. Looks like you got a quite reasonable deal, though.
Yes, plenty of ORs have a center bash and a fedora pinch. Indeed, that's the way I prefer 'em.
Please, post pictures when it arrives.

D. Hats

One of the Regulars
Very Nice OR...

RBH, I'd say you got a decent deal on a very very clean vintage OR.
Under one crispy C note, and it's yours for years to come... as investments go, I'd say you bought low !!

RBH

Bartender
Thanks Tony, it looks like from the pics that it is already kinda 'center dentish' so it may not need much work. My other fedoras [mostly the cheap kind] have been c and teardrop because that was the kind my grandfather wore. But after getting my Adventurebilt I have kinda fallen for the center dent. I will be sure to post pics when it arrives.
Stay Well
RBH

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
It looks like a Beaut!

I was thinking about bidding, but I have two already. I was hoping an OR-Deprived member here would get it! Congrats!

You will like that hat, I'm sure of it. I rather prefer the center dent for the Open Road. The one in my avatar has it, and here's a link to a bunch of pics before and after it was cleaned. You can hardly tell the difference in the photos. Anyway, all but the last five shots are how it looks now.
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/michaelgarcia13/album?.dir=ae0a

My tan OR has a c-crown mainly because it hides the old bashmarks, but it's growing on me. Anyway, enjoy... and don't forget to post pics when you get it!

NB

Snrbfshn

A-List Customer
Let's see pix when you get it...

Looks like a fine topper. And the way things have been going, it looks like a fair price for good lid.

Enjoy.

RBH

Bartender
Thanks all, for the kind words, support and help. I look forward to wearing this hat. As of now Im not planning on getting any more ORs. But I dont guess I have to tell any of you about FEDORA FEVER! ha. anyway thanks again.

Stay Well,
RBH

Kaleponi Craig

A-List Customer
You got it at a good price, RBH! The Open Road I recently got was the original LBJ bash. I thought that's how they all came originally, but I guess that's not the case. I'm having Art bash it now in the Seabiscuit style...KC

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buick