Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Optimo Diamond

donwo

New in Town
Hello all,

I have been browsing the lounge for a while and this is my first post. I have a couple of Borsolino Comos which I really like and enjoy wearing. While checking out the Optimo site I saw the Diamond in rust brown and it was love at first site. My question is does anyone on the forum have this hat? I am seriously thinking of biting the bullet and buying this hat. What do you think? Any and all comments are appreciated.

donwo

Alucard73

One of the Regulars
I too have looked longingly at that hat. I own a few Optimo's and they are very nice. If you like the Rust Brown in the picture and money is an issue, you could go with a Brown Fed IV and put a diamond bash in it. It would be very similar visually at a fraction of the cost. However, there is not much else like an Optimo.

Neil

A-List Customer
Go ahead, bite. . .

I own the Optimo "47th Street," which came with a diamond bash. It is so far ahead of the other hats I own there is simply no comparison. (Although I have a VS on order, and have reason to believe that one will be in the same league).
But think about the brim and crown size. I believe the diamond label applies mostly to the bash. He makes hats in five heights of crown, and brims in various widths. Mine is a 3 1/4 brim, and it is beautiful.
Five hundred and fifty bucks is a lot of money. And I will spend it again.

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
You cannot go wrong. Seriously. You will never regret it. It won`t be your last hat either, and won`t be your only custom maker. But just pick up the phone and order it...you`ll love the hat. You may realise there is better value, but you can only realise that upon getting one. And, you`ll be back for more anyway...so off you go...call Chicago. See the Optimo thread (South side mobsters if you need convincing). Oh, and post pics there later!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace