Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Optimo Hats - Cigar Aficionado Mag

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
In the December '05 issue of Cigar Aficionado, I see some of Graham's work on page 210, featured as part of a special section on holiday gifts for men.

In the past, this magazine has featured product from hatters that made me scratch my head. Nice that they are actually learning who makes the good stuff.

Nice placement - congrats!

SD

opt.jpg

Daniel Riser

A-List Customer
On the back of one of last year's issues they featured a nub felt Gary White hat that was gorgeous! That same page also featured some awesome moccassins in various color combinations that were beautiful.

Daniel Riser

A-List Customer
Ask Art Fawcett about that look. It's called the "Rancher" look and, I bet, that's what Art is wearing RIGHT NOW. Cheers Art! :cheers1:

scotrace said:
In the December '05 issue of Cigar Aficionado, I see some of Graham's work on page 210, featured as part of a special section on holiday gifts for men.

In the past, this magazine has featured product from hatters that made me scratch my head. Nice that they are actually learning who makes the good stuff.

Nice placement - congrats!

SD

opt.jpg

Geez, you would think that they would at least pay some attention to the hat instead of just sticking it on there all misshapen. It is good placement but it does not show the hat at its best potential. :rolleyes:

Regards to all,

J

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
A touch of class

jamespowers said:
Geez, you would think that they would at least pay some attention to the hat instead of just sticking it on there all misshapen. It is good placement but it does not show the hat at its best potential. :rolleyes:

Regards to all,

J

I agree but at least Optimo Hat Co is in a classy mag. Some say those in the know buy Optimo!!:)

Daniel Riser

A-List Customer
I must agree. Graham is a master craftsman. And the woman, her name escapes me, that handles the trimming. That girl has an eye for contrast. The combinations she comes up with are nothing short of a work of art.

gcollins

One of the Regulars
Panamabob said:
I remember that Montecristis used to get in there a lot until one of the players tried to screw over the other...or so the stories go.

I thought I read the story about Brent Black panama hats, the guy who pays the master weavers more for the best bodies and blocks them better than anybody. Such a class act he is and living in Panama hat heaven of Hawaii.

Hi Bob, just stopping by before heading to Amsterdam. :cool:

Hope you are well.

Regards,
G

Aaron Hats

Vendor
Geez, you would think that they would at least pay some attention to the hat instead of just sticking it on there all misshapen. It is good placement but it does not show the hat at its best potential.

I guess I'll be the only one to disagree. It looks like a real life photo, not a fake scene set up that most magazines use. I don't need the hat but sure would like to have that chair.

Panamabob

Call Me a Cab
Sorry, guys, but Aaron won't be in the mag until he overprices his hats.

Maybe I can get him to get a $600.00 custom Montecristi and he can tell everyone it is worth $3500 to $30,000.00. A suggestion!

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Aaron Hats said:
I don't need the hat but sure would like to have that chair.

Amen - We have a sofa and that's it in the living room. Leather like that would be GREAT. But the dogs would think, "Cool. Chew Toy."

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
I guess some guys get all of the publicity. But Graham from Optimo Hats is a great guy . He has built up a business from almost nothing . He has one of the finest hat stores in the country .
His hats made be expensive , but as a fellow hatter I've seen some of them and they are worth it . :cool2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo