Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Optimo report: travel folding so far so good

JeffOYB

Vendor
I bought a $40 (total) roll-up Optimo from eBay from panamahatsdirect just before going on my trip. It comes right from Ecuador.

I folded it and gently packed it in my carry-on and it has popped back into shape quite well. It takes a few hours to tidy up and relax and lay right after being folded. But really it isn't as sharp as it was. This is a soft hat. But I like the look all right. We'll see how it breaks in and how I break in to it.

I stopped by the Berkeley hats store in the Bay Area a few days ago---I saw some nice high end Panamas. Lots of hats in general there. Mens and ladies. Wigs, too.

JeffOYB

Vendor
I'm on the road! But I guess I could finagle this borrowed computer to upload a pic...maybe if something scenic happens.

We had dinner at the Tam'o'Shanter tonight---circa 1922.

My new hat is an optimo style.

But here's a tie-in to the "when to wear a hat" part of an older thread...my older uncle BRIDLES at the idea that I'd wear my Panama "sun hat" out at night. A fedora would be OK. I can't type what he thinks about someone who'd wear a baseball hat inside a restaurant but I did hear about it... : )

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21