Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Optimo south side mobsters

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
The new site is great! Impressive, clean, organized, and interactive. Straight lines highlight contrast, the pictures in the background create interest. The videos are great. I want to go to Chicago just to visit Mecca.

Cheers,

Bruce Wayne

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I just went thrut he new site & I don't like it in the least! I hate to say it but there are about a dozen things I would change on the site.

And the prices! A clean & block for a panama is $75!? Hell no I am not going to pay that. And a standard felt hat is now $35?!?! It was $30 last week!

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
And the prices! A clean & block for a panama is $75!? Hell no I am not going to pay that. And a standard felt hat is now $35?!?! It was $30 last week!

Never said I was a fan of the prices. ;)

One thing that is annoying me about the site: the scrolling of the page now takes forever. It's so much slower than how my browser usually behaves.

thebroker

One of the Regulars
I love the new site...I think it does a good job showing off everything they can do, and I especially like the interactive swatches page. After watching the video where Graham talks about the new Silverbelly, I'm strongly considering biting the bullet and buying one. I like the idea that it's made only from beaver belly, and is completely un-dyed. I think that's about as close to authentic silverbelly as you can get. It isn't a color, but rather, is lack of color.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
I love the new site...I think it does a good job showing off everything they can do, and I especially like the interactive swatches page.

I like the site and the swatches as well. Being able to check the hat colours is always tough, even the little felt samples we get from Art and others are really hard to judge so it's nice to see decent on-line samples.

Sure it's a bandwidth hog, but there isn't a hat company site that comes even slightly close.

While, I don't see an Optimo hat in my near future, it is really nice to see a hat company pushing the limits!

Mulceber

Practically Family
Here's mine. Not quite the specs. of the Dillinger but same color and bow. Hat is only 1 month old.
4-1.jpg

To be blunt, Aureliano, that is quite simply the best "Public Enemies" hat I've ever seen Optimo produce - apart from the one in the film, obviously. Beautiful hat! -M

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
To be blunt, Aureliano, that is quite simply the best "Public Enemies" hat I've ever seen Optimo produce - apart from the one in the film, obviously. Beautiful hat! -M

Thanks, Mulceber!

Will I sound pretentious if I said to you that I agree? :high5: :eyebrows: :) Proud, that's the word I was looking for! lol.

Tatude

New in Town
Well I just took the plunge and ordered the Dillinger in Oxblood. I decided to have it made to the specs on the webpage and will post photos when it arrives. This is a big step for me as I just started wearing fedoras in October but have collected 7 so far. This site was very helpful in making my decision.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
I think it's safe to say you are going to be getting a great hat, Tatude. Do you know how long you'll be waiting?

Tatude

New in Town
Looks like it will ship in about four weeks. I was a bit hesitant because of the cost but I'm sure it will be a great hat and hope to get a lot of use out of it. I will probably sell a few of the others I bought at a later date. I know there has been a bit of a debate about whether the hat looks like the movie hat so I'll post pitcures of me wearing it, but be warned I ain't no Johhny Depp :). I've found that when buying clothing quality is not cheap and it does make a difference. I will post photos as soon as I get it.

Tatude

New in Town
Yes I saw the pictures. Thanks for posting them as it really helped in making my decision along with the other photos. Its a beautiful hat. I went with the original specs as one of my favorite hats is my Dobbs Jet and Optimo told me their hat was the same dimensions. My original plan last October was just to get 1 hat for when I play poker but that didn't last. I've gotten quite a few compliments so far on my hats so I'm getting more comfortable wearing them

Neil

A-List Customer
Dillinger mania

I have a Dillinger. Lovely hat, nice sturdy felt, the underwelt is a nice touch, but it's very hard to wear with anything but a light or medium grey coat. I'm going to sell it. I've actually decided that apart from one Optimo in dark camel, grey band, I'm sticking mostly to grey. I think all my others are going to Ebay. In fact, I am certain of it.

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
I have a Dillinger. Lovely hat, nice sturdy felt, the underwelt is a nice touch, but it's very hard to wear with anything but a light or medium grey coat. I'm going to sell it. I've actually decided that apart from one Optimo in dark camel, grey band, I'm sticking mostly to grey. I think all my others are going to Ebay. In fact, I am certain of it.

Size 7 perchance?

Bruce Wayne

My Mail is Forwarded Here

If it is 7 1/2 & the price is right I might take it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn