Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Order is in on my Johnson Leathers Custom Job

Vespizzare

A-List Customer
Sizes are crazy. I have a JL M200 which is a 42. When I thought I was going to get a half-belt, I tried a 40 and was swimming in it. And the last test jacket was sort of like an Aero Flight Jacket (JL M120?) in size 38 and I couldn't zip it up (after dinner). The next morning I was shocked when the zipper closed.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Mine comes in tomorrow. Oddly, it's the first rainy day in my part of Northern California we've had in a very long time (and little/no rain forecasted after tomorrow).. Hopefully it can get worn outdoors for a bit to loosen it up.

Last edited:

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Mine comes in tomorrow. Oddly, it's the first rainy day in my part of Northern California we've had in a very long time (and little/no rain forecasted after tomorrow).. Hopefully it can get worn outdoors for a bit to loosen it up.

what jacket did you get? You will be posting pictures? It is cold here, I've had mine out on some errands. Just great work, crazy sizing.

technovox

One Too Many
Allen is great to work with...And that CXL is a beautiful hide.
Glad to see our local shop getting some well deserved attention.
Let's see some pictures!

Vespizzare

A-List Customer
I don't want to drift from the OP's original post too much but here's a teaser :)
http://i912.photobucket.com/albums/ac329/nb23990/image_zps9404a96a.jpg

I dunno. I have 2 samples of black over brown CXL (cowhide I guess) that JL sent me, 4.5 oz and 3.25 oz. If this is supposed to be that, I think because of lighting or whatever, the color is way too brown. If I had to describe it, I'd say it's soooo dark brown that it looks black. But when you put it next to black, you can see that it's really dark dark brown IMHO.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
I dunno. I have 2 samples of black over brown CXL (cowhide I guess) that JL sent me, 4.5 oz and 3.25 oz. If this is supposed to be that, I think because of lighting or whatever, the color is way too brown. If I had to describe it, I'd say it's soooo dark brown that it looks black. But when you put it next to black, you can see that it's really dark dark brown IMHO.

Yep. It's a funny hide ain't it? The JL goatskin is actually just like that. It's labeled "dark brown" but it's so close to black you have to put it next to a black jacket to notice it's not black.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou