Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Original WW2 B-11 flight jacket

PaidInFull24

Familiar Face
Hey guys,

I just picked up what appears to be a very nice, original, WW2 B-11 flight parka tonight on Ebay. I'm super excited about it as it is my first flight jacket. It appears to be in pretty good shape. It is missing some buttons, but it doesn't look like it has a ton of wear to the fur lining/outside. Maybe some staining on the back and tattering along some of the edges. But I figure that if it was used in the war, it made out pretty good. An interesting thing is the leather-lined cuffs. Of all the pictures that I've seen of the B-11's, I haven't seen any with this type of cuff. I like it, in that it keeps the cuffs from getting tattered from wear. Maybe it was just this particular manufacturer that added this touch? Or possibly an add-on by a guy who was tired of having the cuffs wear out on his B-11? Here is a link to the auction if you want to see pictures. Any comments, feedback or advice would be much appreciated!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/180745795381...84.m1438.l2648

I'll post more pics when I get the jacket.
Regards,
Nick

Gene

Practically Family
Hm, I wonder why my post didn't "post." Anyways I said that I have seen all manner of cloth jackets with leather modifications, including an M41 with leather collar and cuffs! Definitely done by the owner as a measure against fraying or to cover up fraying.

PaidInFull24

Familiar Face
Hey Gene,
I also posted this in the outerwear forum and you posted on it there. Could that be what you're thinking of? Very interesting input about the M41! Im super excited about this coat...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff